Builds Atwalz 2013 TLC 200 Build Thread. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I will be installing front runner roof rack this weekend. Anything tips for me? There was a YouTube video but I can’t find it anymore.

Cover your roof in moving blankets until the rack is secure. Trust me on that one 😂

You also may want to consider M6 threaded studs (IIRC) to put thread into the nut-serts or whatever those things are that fall into the headliner for some. I used them when installing my rack and glad i did. One time one of the nuts dropped as I was pulling out a bolt and i was able to spin the stud to realign the nut and then hold it in place while I threaded in the other stud. Those nuts are very futzy.

You also may want to consider M6 threaded studs (IIRC) to put thread into the nut-serts or whatever those things are that fall into the headliner for some. I used them when installing my rack and glad i did. One time one of the nuts dropped as I was pulling out a bolt and i was able to spin the stud to realign the nut and then hold it in place while I threaded in the other stud. Those nuts are very futzy.

This is what I did. Lost two nuts when swapping my 570 rack for a TLC rack. I also used some thread locker on the nutserts just in case they spun.

If you pay attention the swap is easy and you don’t have to worry about it. Don’t be like me.

Just to add on...back each bolt slowly. Towards the end of the thread of one, take one bolt out completely and leave the other partially backed out. Put the stud in open hole and you can't lose the nutsert. You always have something to pull back on. It's kind of a pain to wiggle the roof rail off and put the next one's on, but completely worth it! Not much extra time either

Thanks a lot of good tips! For now I have assembled tray.

Last edited:
Opps, two nuts dropped. Lol

OK you have convinced me to never remove the stock roof rack :hillbilly:

If I ever do a FR rack...probably drive to their LA headquarters and let them do it with a flick of their wrist... :)

Repaired and installed! Ignore icicles.

I like how you put up Valentines Day icesicles.
So romantic. :hillbilly:💗

Are you still able to fit in the garage?

Hey Mark, it fits in garage. 82” tall. My garage door is 84”.

About a week ago the radiator cracked I noticed that when my wife pulled into the driveway. So I ordered the new parts from Camelback Toyota. Since I’m gonna go through the radiator replacement, I end up doing water pump, serpentine belt, belt tensioner, thermostat, new upper and lower hoses and spark plugs. I also drained both sides of the engine block to get all of the old coolant out. Everything is all buttoned up.

847D07AE-8ED4-4C43-8607-D9F1F16A41FB.jpeg
830307A8-B089-4AAF-86C5-2892BD810B55.jpeg
4CD364F8-3E14-4A5B-AECF-620BCCEDCDDC.jpeg
43BD2BEB-A418-4D42-A364-391D5EAFE066.jpeg
7A1691B7-826D-49D5-839F-4F45697BC528.jpeg

Last edited:
I am picking up 40 Gallon LRA Fuel tank from Valley Hybrids and will be adding a homemade skid plate to it. I will be installing this at home.

I am picking up 40 Gallon LRA Fuel tank from Valley Hybrids and will be adding a homemade skid plate to it. I will be installing this at home.

Nice, Kamal.
Here is a photo of the bottom of mine after VH welded steel and painted. You can see the circle cutouts which allowed welding throughout the surface rather than just the edges:

68D2CF86-A201-4F91-94C2-3110AB078AE6.jpeg

Always amazed at your home-made stuff...so tipping hat to you on this one., as well. Are you going with the faster pump?

Nice, Kamal.
Here is a photo of the bottom of mine after VH welded steel and painted. You can see the circle cutouts which allowed welding throughout the surface rather than just the edges:

View attachment 1990228

Always amazed at your home-made stuff...so tipping hat to you on this one., as well. Are you going with the faster pump?

That looks nice but HEAVY! Any idea what the total weight was with the skid plate added?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom