Attention Vendors: Suspension Overhaul Kits? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
raincitysupercars.com
I've seen dozens of threads pop up over the past year but still have never seen a suspension overhaul "kit" option. I don't mean one giant, expensive kit, but as I'm getting ready to do my steering rack on my '99, I find myself thinking I may as well overhaul the bushings for everything there while I'm at it. So now I'm digging through all these posts, tracking down part #s, etc. What I want to do is buy a sway bar overhaul kit (links, bushings, etc), rack bushing kit, control arm bushing kit, etc. Luckily the parts list is pretty well sorted out in a few threads, but it sure would be nice to click a box on one of your websites and get all the parts I need without having to worry if I left out some kind of nut or bolt somewhere.

I second that. I did the steering rack bushing kit and UCAs and the driving feel of the truck improved significantly. Now I'd like to replace the other suspension components that are prone to wear.

I've seen dozens of threads pop up over the past year but still have never seen a suspension overhaul "kit" option. I don't mean one giant, expensive kit, but as I'm getting ready to do my steering rack on my '99, I find myself thinking I may as well overhaul the bushings for everything there while I'm at it. So now I'm digging through all these posts, tracking down part #s, etc. What I want to do is buy a sway bar overhaul kit (links, bushings, etc), rack bushing kit, control arm bushing kit, etc. Luckily the parts list is pretty well sorted out in a few threads, but it sure would be nice to click a box on one of your websites and get all the parts I need without having to worry if I left out some kind of nut or bolt somewhere.

Hey,

We make a rear under body poly bushing kit that includes 2 x Panhard Rod Bush 4 x Rear Upper Trailing Arm Bush 4 x Rear Lower Trailing Arm Bush. I believe the UCA bushings you can source with Whiteline.

Whiteline Parts for the LC100, available at MRT.

W13210 Front Steering - rack & pinion bushing (up to 02) - 3 in stock
W13208 Front Steering - rack & pinion bushing (2002 on) - 2 in stock
W23421 Front Sway bar - link bushing - Backordered, 25 days out
W21172 Front Sway bar - link upper bushing - 2 in stock
W23369G Front Sway bar - mount bushing (25mm for 38mm height saddle) - Backordered, 25 days out
W22107 Rear Sway bar - link lower bushing - 3 in stock
W31704 Rear Sway bar - link upper bushing - Backordered, 25 days out
W23388 Rear Sway bar - mount bushing - Backordered, 25 days out
W23444 Rear Sway bar - mount bushing (active ride control) - Backordered, 25 days out
BTR73 Rear Sway bar - Complete 27mm assembly w/bushings - 1 in stock
BTF47 Front Sway bar - Complete 30mm assembly w/bushings - Special Order
W63036 Rear Trailing arm - upper arm assembly (Complete arm kit w/ 40mm on-car adjustment for pinion angle) - Dropships
W63043 Rear Trailing arm - lower arm assembly (Complete new heavy duty arms & bushings installed - easy install) - Dropships
KPR203 Rear Panhard rod - adjustable assembly (Heavy duty off road version - with 85mm of adjustment) - Special Order
W61699A Rear Trailing arm - upper bushing (Direct OEM replacement design) - 6 in stock
W63351 Rear Trailing arm - upper bushing (Home Install Friendly Design) - 10 in stock
W63352 Rear Trailing arm - lower bushing - Special Order
W73385 Rear Spring - 30mm lift rear spring pad bushing - 10 in stock

Inventory was done on 12/29

Other Items that may help in your quest to tighten up your LC!

SPC Land Cruiser 100 Series ADJ UCA - 25455 - Dropship from SPChttp://shop.mrtmotorsports.net/spc-performance/spc-control-arm/25455/i-2247842.aspx
SPC Land Cruiser 100 Series Rear Lower Control Arms - 25955 - Dropship from SPC

Last edited:
^ Nice!

FAQ worthy info

It would be great to see someone put together an actual kit option: Front Sway Bar Overhaul, Rear Sway Overhaul, etc. As long as the price is right I think it would get some traction since it's a very common order. I just had to dig through this thread (Parts list to refurb your Sway Bars) to determine what OEM parts I needed and then mix it with what whiteline or superpro parts I could get.

I'm interested in both front and rear re-firb kits.

Wondering if all the nuts and metal such bits really need to be replaced also?

Obviously I want the sway bar bushings and the link bushings, and guess it would be easier to get the stabilizer link as one unit as I'm not sure how that lower bushing is inserted.

^not always necessary but new hardware is always a good idea to have on hand if you are planning ahead for maint. Especially rigs with rust.

The bottom bushing can be pressed in but for the cost of the link with bushing- it's hardly worth the effort. I found my links were worn out- swaybar rubbed the link 1/2 way through. So both links needed replacing (swaybar too).

I hear you guys. I've thought bout this and some other similar ideas for awhile. Look for something form Red Dirt in the next few weeks as we FINALLY load the thousands of additional we carry.

We (Cruiser Outfitters) stock most/all of the suspension bushing. Kits are doable but tough as we see a major variance in what customers want. We have Old Man Emu (Poly), OEM Toyota (Rubber), aftermarket rubber, Slee (Poly), Whiteline and Energy Suspension. That's a fair bit of different options to arrange into a kit :D

^^ (Kurt).....and ....these small bushings and related components aren't likely a big profit center or high volume turnover for a vendor either.

But- same as you do with other kits you offer like wheel bearing kits- offering high quality complete "kits" with everything needed(bushing, bolt, washer,nut , link etc) to replace parts makes it an easy decision where to buy.

And I'd gladly pay an extra $15 or so to be able to click "buy" and just have it show up and support an IH8MUD vendor vs source every individual piece. Maybe a drop down with options for OEM or OEM + Whiteline. I did all OEM except the bar to frame bushings, but I'd have picked whatever kit came with Whiteline if there was one available. This was just the easiest for me to put together.

^^ (Kurt).....and ....these small bushings and related components aren't likely a big profit center or high volume turnover for a vendor either.

But- same as you do with other kits you offer like wheel bearing kits- offering high quality complete "kits" with everything needed(bushing, bolt, washer,nut , link etc) to replace parts makes it an easy decision where to buy.

Noted!

And I'd gladly pay an extra $15 or so to be able to click "buy" and just have it show up and support an IH8MUD vendor vs source every individual piece. Maybe a drop down with options for OEM or OEM + Whiteline. I did all OEM except the bar to frame bushings, but I'd have picked whatever kit came with Whiteline if there was one available. This was just the easiest for me to put together.

Noted!

We'll get them assembled as kits, likely an OEM rubber offering and an aftermarket poly offering :cool:

For example, we are sending out a complete 100 Series front "kit" for @RMP&O today:

100_front (Small).jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom