Are pigs cold natured? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

True dat (I started the f.5 for the kid as a demo of “how”, mostly because I’m sure he’ll never see it again.)

But it was 75F in the shop that day. If you can start one with a hand crank in the cold… lucky!
I'll splint or cast someone for free if they want to try...

Disaster averted this evening and the pig is back in her warm spot! Turns out choke cable wasn’t attached so I had son stand there in his shorts and light top till it was warmed up enough to pull forward. Served him right, I told him no less then 5 times today we had to get it done before dark. He comes home right at dark from gym and goes straight to the s***ter.

9516AEA3-E3A7-4747-904A-201DB99957DD.jpeg

Don’t know where in OK you’re moving, but it’s currently 12F and blowing 19 mph (so wind chill feels like -6F) in OKC, 15F, snowing and 12mph wind (so wind chill feels like 2F) in Tulsa.

But you fixed the choke, so ‘Saul Good’.

Not to mention no elk in the pasture, puny white tails, downhill skiing sucks and those pesky tornadoes.

Don’t know where in OK you’re moving, but it’s currently 12F and blowing 19 mph (so wind chill feels like -6F) in OKC, 15F, snowing and 12mph wind (so wind chill feels like 2F) in Tulsa.

But you fixed the choke, so ‘Saul Good’.
Yeah but tomorrow it will be 70 and sunshine, that's how Oklahoma is. Think its negative 12 here today. I get to go remove snow off gooseneck and load a pig this afternoon. Off to GJ Tuesday before next week when we are forecast to have 18-24 inches of snow.

The Elk are fun to watch indeed but I love to hear and watch the Turkey, mallards and geese on the lake, owls at night and these things live on the property not just traveling through. Dogs love chasing armadillos and squirrels.

Skiing is replaced by getting pulled around on old car hood by 4 wheeler, success is measured by how much you spill of your drink!

Love me the 7.34! Selling my 2015 GMC 2500 so I can spend more time in my 2003 F350. Just can't beat em. Gonna check into one of these Bob for my son who has 2012 Cummins and goes to school in Gunnison, close to coldest place in Colorado and the university doesn't have any plug ins for diesels.
Gunnison and Alamosa usually trade off for the coldest...

@FJBen , should we bore everyone with stories of how cold it was when we went up to Walden for the FJ Cruiser photo shoot?
Pretty sure it stayed below 0 the entire day, I don't I turned the 40 off all day.
@TREE root (@treeroot?) showed up with his 40 on a trailer and said he had straight 40 weight oil in the crank case - oh boy! We all took turns pulling it until he got it started.
That was the trip where Ben somehow lost the windshield to his Pig...

I hope there are no porc-o-pines for them to chase!
Funny you say that, unfortunately I had to dispatch a big one last week. I was going to try and trap and relocate him but after letting dogs out one night he was out and yellow lab was 2’ away barking at him in pasture.

Funny you say that, unfortunately I had to dispatch a big one last week. I was going to try and trap and relocate him but after letting dogs out one night he was out and yellow lab was 2’ away barking at him in pasture.
I had a golden (she was a great dog) get closer than that.
We were out in the Never Summer, a long way from anywhere, and this was before I had a Leatherman tool. She had a face full of quills, and was suffering, and I had my bare hands.
That was a long afternoon.
Pulling the quills out of the roof of her mouth was a moment of truth - it turns out we both trusted each other enough to get the job done.

Yeah but tomorrow it will be 70 and sunshine, that's how Oklahoma is. Think its negative 12 here today. I get to go remove snow off gooseneck and load a pig this afternoon. Off to GJ Tuesday before next week when we are forecast to have 18-24 inches of snow.

The Elk are fun to watch indeed but I love to hear and watch the Turkey, mallards and geese on the lake, owls at night and these things live on the property not just traveling through. Dogs love chasing armadillos and squirrels.

Was at the BIL’s cabin/hunting grounds (160ac) outside Coyle, OK on Christmas Eve. Saw some turkey, so maybe you don’t need to lose that.

OKC doesn’t get above 60F until next Saturday.

It might be 60 in Steamboat by end of May, Oklahoma looking better. Bristow little over hour SE of Coyle so little closer to the equator, probably warmer at the farm...

Tennessee last night, WTF?

View attachment 2882595
Good thing you moved away from the cold…
It was negative 18 driving to work this morning, after last years crazy snow storm and frigid temps I am going to keep a snow plow for the tractor when we move. We don’t have any county services for a quarter mile before getting to our house. It may only get used once every 5 years but it will be worth it!

Last edited:
@FJBen , should we bore everyone with stories of how cold it was when we went up to Walden for the FJ Cruiser photo shoot?
Pretty sure it stayed below 0 the entire day, I don't I turned the 40 off all day.
@TREE root (@treeroot?) showed up with his 40 on a trailer and said he had straight 40 weight oil in the crank case - oh boy! We all took turns pulling it until he got it started.
That was the trip where Ben somehow lost the windshield to his Pig...

Pretty sure it was around -18F to -20F below that whole day. It was cold.

Even the hydraulic clutches were acting up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom