Are any of you daily driving their 80-Series? (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I drive mine everyday. When I pick up my kids from school all there friends wish there dad had one.yes the Mpg sucks but I work in the oil field so I look at is as job security.

I DD mine, about 20K per year. I have 5 other vehicles that share time, but my 80 gets the most miles for sure.

I daily mine. Granted, I don't have a commute, but even if I did I wouldn't mind. I've driven the 80 all over Alabama on trips and it's always a pleasure to drive. It's a gashog, but that's the tradeoff I make. Life's too short to drive boring trucks!

I wish. I DD my Prius. On an occasional Friday I will drive the '96 80 to work. As I'm driving on the Frwy the 80 rides smoother and quieter than my Prius and it makes me wanna ditch the Prius, but it's so reliable and inexpensive to drive.

My wife and I have 4 vehicles.
Mine: modified 1996 FZJ80, 2001 Z28 Camaro (yes, T-tops)
Wife's: nearly stock 1996 FZJ80, 2012 Kia Sportage ES AWD

I daily drive my 80 for 7-8 months out of the year and once every week or two during the summer. The 80 gets about 75% of my DD activity. The Z28 is great fun to drive during any month with no chance of snow, but I can't take it camping.

Her 80 puts on 3-4 times the miles that the Kia does. Her 80 gets about 75-80% of her DD activity. The Kia is a nice car with every bell & whistle, but it isn't nearly as relaxing to drive.

In a hypothetical world where it could happen, if Toyota were to start building 80 series Land Cruisers again and sell them at the same price as the current model, I would mortgage the house and purchase 2 new 80s. Not going to happen of course.

I DD mine except for when its in OTRAMM's shop getting goodies put onto it, that I couldn't otherwise manage myself on a weekend.

The DD is 26 miles each way through Washington DC area traffic. So that's 52+ miles a day given multiple route changes due to said traffic. Add the conglomerate of driving styles (transplants from all 50 states) and you have quite an interesting commute every day. But the slinky suspension handles quick/evasive maneuvers quite well. The supercharger also helps overcome the previously sluggish movement along the highway system.

I'm leasing a Leaf for my 50 mile round trip commute. The LX gets driven mostly on the weekends and on road trips. 158K on the odo so far.

There's just no better workhorse than an 80. I would get one purely because they are scarce and there is simply no replacement.

Still, I'd take my '04 Sequoia Limited (2.5" lift, 34's) all day long to sit in traffic, but I don't have a commute.

At 238K, the 80 is getting a well deserved PM and family hauling break (4 kids, all bigger now plus two Bernese Mountain Dogs) and is becoming my rig again looking forward to the empty nest while the Sequoia (277K miles, bought a year ago) takes over family hauling duties.

A double DIN touchscreen head unit with Apple CarPlay or Android whatever does wonders to modernize any of these rigs. The PO of my Sequoia spent $1,600 putting one in with integration to steering wheel controls and backup camera along with some new front speakers, and you can tune every listening point in the truck while having the fully modern hands free stuff.

I'll put one in the 80 at some point, redo the leather...things for when the kids are off the payroll...

I normally DD my '85 XtraCab but lately I've been DD both the LX and the '97 due to the "hot" weather we've been having.:D The '85 doesn't have AC so it's been sitting.

Daily drive 94 LC to work. 50 miles round trip. Half my commute is on wooded backroads so I feel better in the 80 with the ARB on the front for deer. Sometimes I alternate and take my 95 LC to stretch its legs.

I daily drive mine to work everyday - sometimes I ride my KLX250S. I've only had her for about 4 months. I bought it with about 107k, currently sitting at 109k. My commute is only about 15 minutes each way, no traffic. My biggest complaint is having to get out of the vehicle to use the card reader that gets me into the parking garage - Right hand drive woes.

Turned 300k miles yesterday and replaced drivers side seat foam today. Daily driver.

I have a couple cars, but usually grab the keys to the 80.
Same here. Bought a "daily driver" since I wheel the piss out of my 80....but still drive my 80 daily. Sold the "daily driver" after a year for $500 more than I bought it. Only about 10 miles to work, so not a big decision fuel-wise. The office loves asking me about the new dings and dents after wheeling trips.

Every day for more than a decade. Why?

Drive mine about 70 miles round trip every day.

My 92 has been daily driven for 25 years. My 93 daily driven for the past 18 months. My son will be daily driving his 92 in less than four weeks. The 80s daily driven.

Never broken down once. I'll keep driving them until I can't.

I have a DD car and ride a motorcycle, but most days the 74 or 81 ends up leaving the driveway as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom