ARB Fridge Slide without drawers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

icorradoi

SILVER Star
Threads
Has anyone mounted their ARB fridge slide directly to the floor in the back of their 80? I use the 3rd row sorta frequently and I would like to be able to install and remove the fridge fairly quickly. It's a 50qt. ARB

Just wondering what the best way to do this would be? Plywood bolted to the threaded tie down/seat latch holes or maybe using a "C" channel with holes drilled in it and aligned with the existing tie down/seat latch holes?

Any pics or ideas are greatly appreciated.

Plywood bolted to the threaded tie down/seat latch holes or maybe using a "C" channel with holes drilled in it and aligned with the existing tie down/seat latch holes? .

That's what I would suggest, make a whole removable platform since you want to add the 3rd row back in from time to time.

^^ X2

I have a piece of 5/8" thick plywood bolted using the existing threaded holes (just got longer bolts) with 2 eye bolts on each side which I attach turnbuckles to between the wood and fridge. Mine is mounted where the PS 2nd row seat would be and it is a good location for me. Easy access when camping and centrally loaded as my rear end is kinda heavy.

Thanks guys! Looks like plywood is the way to go, until drawers come along. May have to just give up on the 3rd row eventually.

I used 3/4" ply, and some 200# slides. Worked great for 3 years now. I throw bikes in the back at times so I made it pretty modular. Couple minutes and it's out. Gonna actually build a new one with the fridge turned 90* and use locking slides this time.
IMG_0642.JPG
IMG_0640.JPG

Plywood bolted to the threaded tie down/seat latch holes is exactly what I did.. I also edged the plywood with L-track and covered the plywood with textured rubber mat so things would not slide around. With the L-track I just ratchet my junk in place when I need to, I dont want a bunch of drawers taking up space all the time...

I used 3/4" ply, and some 200# slides. Worked great for 3 years now. I throw bikes in the back at times so I made it pretty modular. Couple minutes and it's out. Gonna actually build a new one with the fridge turned 90* and use locking slides this time.View attachment 1505567 View attachment 1505565
I like this "sideways" style. That's how I like to keep a fridge in a truck without a slide, so that I can easily get full access inside. Nice job on the slide!!

Plywood bolted to the threaded tie down/seat latch holes is exactly what I did.. I also edged the plywood with L-track and covered the plywood with textured rubber mat so things would not slide around. With the L-track I just ratchet my junk in place when I need to, I dont want a bunch of drawers taking up space all the time...
Can you post up some pics? I am considering building a slide to handle my yeti 75 during a 3 week trip I'm taking in September.

Agree, that slide is very nice. I'd also like to see how that attaches to the floor. Thx.

Maybe the 'needle in the arm' -but L - track rocks!

Here's a short speedball:

L-Track (Airline Track) Obession

Don't blame an addict for promoting his favorite juice, :grinpimp:

Sorry for the crappy cell phone shot... and this crappy DOD network... So freakin painful to use!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom