anyone know anyone in TN on I40??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Brakes are plumbed, minus a swagelock to connect to the rear line. Measured the driveshaft lengths and taking them to driveshaft shop for modifications and new ujoints. Next is to get swagelock from Napa, bleed brakes, and modify tranny hump. Hopefully, once driveshafts are done, it’ll be install and go for a ride around the neighborhood. Then FI and new tires/rims. Gettn’ there!

F2F0FE44-9EB7-425F-AB63-C3449A5FA755.jpeg

365AED58-A1F2-437F-BBF9-BFC4D5D0A276.jpeg

Not sure I’ve ever seen Teflon tape on flare brake fittings :meh:

Hope it all works out and the DS length is good.

Yeah, I’d never seen it either. The lines had been into before and they used it on the fittings. And then I read that a common issue with line locks is leaking. So, figured it couldn’t hurt and might help. I dunno, we’ll see. Drivelines might be ready on Friday.

Brakes are plumbed, minus a swagelock to connect to the rear line. Measured the driveshaft lengths and taking them to driveshaft shop for modifications and new ujoints. Next is to get swagelock from Napa, bleed brakes, and modify tranny hump. Hopefully, once driveshafts are done, it’ll be install and go for a ride around the neighborhood. Then FI and new tires/rims. Gettn’ there!

View attachment 2972431

View attachment 2972432
Who’s FI?
That short, little Italian dude that smokes menthols?

Pig sty. Garage clean up day and drive the new and improved pig.

Since last update, I got waist deep in fuel injection and decided that was far enough. I needed to either install a new tank or have some small secondary tank and wasn’t willing to do either. Really want this thing drivable to work out bugs before the PP. And the need to spend even more money and time for an unproven FI system was too much. Plan to come back around sometime after PP. Anyhow, after that misadventure, installed gauges, replaced seal in tcase and got it running. Plan to drive around yard after cleaning garage.

Quick question for someone: I still have hesitation in reving engine. I noticed when I had the O2 sensor that I installed in exhaust out since not going with FI, the hesitation went away. It revved great. Was loud bc of hole in exhaust but revved nice. Putting in bolt for O2 sensor brought back hesitation. So, maybe, muffler causing hesitation???

4999E63B-27E5-4575-98EE-C00750F6CF24.jpeg

72C9C172-A7E2-47B5-8F43-7F87DAFD76AF.jpeg

14545A2E-CFE7-44DE-8D34-98D6CD905DD0.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom