Anyone gone with a Kensun xenon HID conversion kit? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

tampacruiser95

Upgrades are coming.
Threads
I searched and didn't see anyone mention it. It's reasonably priced on Amazon right now and got good reviews.

Getting ready to install my Depos. I saw the good reviews also so will likely go with their H-1 Kit. Are you doing the Depos also? If so, what are you going to do for the high beams?
Bob

Getting ready to install my Depos. I saw the good reviews also so will likely go with their H-1 Kit. Are you doing the Depos also? If so, what are you going to do for the high beams?
Bob
They offer the kit for high and low beams. I was planning on using the OEM housing. Would that not work?

Please don't put hids in a non projector housing. Your fellow motorists will thank you!
What would be the impact? I am assuming obnoxiously bright? Do you know of a better solution to get brighter than factory without changing housing?

Some of us have installed Phillips 9011 HIR's at all 4 locations. They are 65W and a good bit brighter. I have never been flashed by oncoming drivers and others will concur.

What would be the impact? I am assuming obnoxiously bright? Do you know of a better solution to get brighter than factory without changing housing?
They're blinding because they reflect light every where instead of focusing. Hir bulbs and the Slee harness an excellent option, and one I'll be doing soon.

They're blinding because they reflect light every where instead of focusing. Hir bulbs and the Slee harness an excellent option, and one I'll be doing soon.
Okay thanks, I am assuming LEDs would have the same issue?

I agree that installing HID's in the OEM Housing would not be good but the DEPO housing is clear with no pattern that I can see, so was intending to install HID in the DEPOs. Would that still cause problems for oncoming vehicles?

I bought HID high and low systems for the factory housings before reading on MUD all the posts saving that would blind oncoming traffic. I've had them for nearly 18 months, and had approaching traffic flash their lights at me zero times. It's possible that I am surrounded by tolerant drivers. It's also possible your lights can be adjusted such that it isn't an issue. I took pictures of the pattern on a wall (too close for adjusting the lights ...just catching the pattern).

20140929_181359 stock low.jpg stock low 20140929_181417 stock high.jpg stock high 20140929_191201 one HID high.jpg one HID high
20140929_192320 two HID high.jpg both HID high 20140929_193840 right HID low left stock.jpg one low beam bulb HID and one stock low

Last edited:
20140929_193908 right both HID left HID high low stock.jpg Stock low left, and the rest HID
20140929_195109 both low HID.jpg Low HID
20140929_195143 both high and low all HID.jpg Four HID

You can see plenty of wash outside the ideal pattern on both the HID and stock bulbs. It is brighter and much whiter with the HID. I have stood in front of my truck, and faced the lights. They are brighter than I'd like to have approaching me. When I crouch down to the height of a very low car's driver, they are annoyingly bright. On the other hand, OEM HID lights in new BMWs (etc.) are also annoyingly bright.

So I hate everyone else's HID lights, but I love mine.

On the other hand, OEM HID lights in new BMWs (etc.) are also annoyingly bright.

They are set in proper housings and are only too bright to on coming traffic when at higher angles....the same angles that halogens are also too bright. I promise yours are likely more annoying as well as likely not legal. Most states have laws on the books about modifying factory lighting. I know that "everyone does it" but it really drives me crazy too see HID's in halogen housings. I contend that you actually decrease your safety a bit. The ability to see better is merely an illusion as outlined in the article I posted and then you're blinding oncoming drivers. Often their job is to accurately guide their vehicle at a high rate of speed and pass within a few feet of you without actually hitting you head on. Personally I'd like the other driver to be able to see just as well. Just food for thought.

They are set in proper housings and are only too bright to on coming traffic when at higher angles....the same angles that halogens are also too bright. I promise yours are likely more annoying as well as likely not legal. Most states have laws on the books about modifying factory lighting. I know that "everyone does it" but it really drives me crazy too see HID's in halogen housings. I contend that you actually decrease your safety a bit. The ability to see better is merely an illusion as outlined in the article I posted and then you're blinding oncoming drivers. Often their job is to accurately guide their vehicle at a high rate of speed and pass within a few feet of you without actually hitting you head on. Personally I'd like the other driver to be able to see just as well. Just food for thought.
x 2 for letting other drivers see.
And glad I started this thread.

Some of us have installed Phillips 9011 HIR's at all 4 locations. They are 65W and a good bit brighter. I have never been flashed by oncoming drivers and others will concur.

Do you have any pictures of the 9011 HIR's on the truck? Any changes to the connections to make it fit?

Do you have any pictures of the 9011 HIR's on the truck? Any changes to the connections to make it fit?
Yes a slight bit of trimming to the bulb but nothing much. You might try to install with no trimming. IIRC, I trimmed a little too much on the first one I put in and ended up putting a zip tie on it to ensure security. Once you have the old ones out its easy to see what you need to do. Picked mine up at Napa for just under $20 each.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom