For Sale Anybody Interested in this FJ45lv? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have the opportunity to pick this beast up, and was wondering if anyone would be interested in it. It's down in South America, just restored, LH drive. I was thinking $40k, we could figure out a way to put the money in escrow so it would be released upon picking up the vehicle in Miami. Just seeing if anyone is interested. - Ryan
IMG-20171003-WA0011.jpg
IMG-20171003-WA0009.jpg
IMG-20171003-WA0010.jpg

Gawd I love those barn door

There's alot that's not original. Looks decent on the surface but it appears to be a train wreck underneath.
Barn doors are sweet though.

Fuel tank and retaining straps look sketchy, exhaust routing is funky-anything else you notice?
Hard to say what price this will command in US while it's in C. America.

Where'd you find the old photo of it with the home brewed snorkel?

what is the motor?

40 series tail lights look like funky. Rear sill looks wrong

wiring is poor at best.

bib is wrong

mondo bondo

It's not mine. I haven't purchased it yet. I thought it was cool as I've never ran into one of these down here. Usually just 40s. It wasn't my restoration either. I'm just putting it out here in case anyone is interested, I could help get it to the states. If anybody has any idea what it's worth in this condition, I'm considering purchasing it and putting it on eBay. Let me know! Thanks - Ryan

It's not mine. I haven't purchased it yet. I thought it was cool as I've never ran into one of these down here. Usually just 40s. It wasn't my restoration either. I'm just putting it out here in case anyone is interested, I could help get it to the states. If anybody has any idea what it's worth in this condition, I'm considering purchasing it and putting it on eBay. Let me know! Thanks - Ryan

I have no idea of value for this, but safe to say it's not a 40K truck for Mudders. Nice of you to offer it up here first, though Ebay will be your ticket to the biggest profit.

If you let us know how much you can get it for, perhaps someone here will be willing to make it worth your while importing. :D

For some reason, I'm not allowed to edit posts. I put 40k because I thought it was a full resto; however, when I went to personally check it out I realized the interior needed work and it wasn't a frame off job. I'd be open to offers here on MUD first and if nobody wants it, I'd like to get an honest assessment on value so I can purchase it and stick it on eBay.

Gotta think it would bring 25k or so in the US

I don't mean to come off as I am bashing you or the vehicle. Just pointing out some things.
I really like the stance of this rig. Was amazed to see it pop up after seeing images of it in a Google image search.
I don't think it's worth $25k anywhere. Maybe mid teens? This is just going off what I can see. I am sure there are more questionable items we can't see.

I don't mean to come off as I am bashing you or the vehicle. Just pointing out some things.
I really like the stance of this rig. Was amazed to see it pop up after seeing images of it in a Google image search.
I don't think it's worth $25k anywhere. Maybe mid teens? This is just going off what I can see. I am sure there are more questionable items we can't see.

No offense taken. I'm glad I put it up on here first to get everyone's opinion. I'm going to walk away from this rig. Guy is asking way to much and it still needs work. At the price point he wants, it should be flawless.

if it didn't have the 80 series front end it would sell easier and for more

Whenever the wiring and brake lines have overspray, the rest of the rig will follow in build quality. I bet there are gallons of bondo ready to crack and fall off after its first trip Offroad! Too bad cause a ambi door 45lv is a rare bird!

I liked the dark green color scheme better. For the asking price, you'd think they would have done a better job of masking off the engine bay.

You also mentioned it has an H diesel motor, which I don't believe was ever stock/original in an FJ45LV (the "F" in FJ45LV stands for an F series gas engine, after all!).

One would want to know all about that conversion before plunking down big money.

For me, beyond the uniqueness of the amby doors on the LV, I don't see a lot to love about this truck.

But that's why Mr. T made so many different models/styles of LC's over the years, so that there is something for everyone to love!

You also mentioned it has an H diesel motor, which I don't believe was ever stock/original in an FJ45LV (the "F" in FJ45LV stands for an F series gas engine, after all!).

One would want to know all about that conversion before plunking down big money.

For me, beyond the uniqueness of the amby doors on the LV, I don't see a lot to love about this truck.

But that's why Mr. T made so many different models/styles of LC's over the years, so that there is something for everyone to love!

An H will bolt right to the original engine mounts without need for modification, and it's a 2-wire engine. Not much to convert or screw up.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom