Any Nashville H55 Five Speeds? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey Nashville area cruiser folk :), do any of y’all have a 60 series with the H55 five speed in it? I’m probably going to put one in my FJ62 (which currently has a late 60 series four-speed manual), but I was sure love to drive one around the block before I commit. 🙂

The 3F-E engine in the 62 is a very nice match with the 4 speed. Your engine is much happier spinning at higher RPMs than the 2F engine in the 60.

I'm not by you, but I've got a 5 speed in a 60 and 62. They're both awesome. The 62 is very lively and rev happy.

I have stock 235's on the 62 and it drives great. 1st gear is very short, but it's still worth it. With 31's or taller it would be perfect.

Hey Nashville area cruiser folk :), do any of y’all have a 60 series with the H55 five speed in it? I’m probably going to put one in my FJ62 (which currently has a late 60 series four-speed manual), but I was sure love to drive one around the block before I commit. 🙂
What size tires do you have?how do you like the 4 speed?

This is a 60 with a swapped in 3FE and for ca. 25 years it had the 4 speed. A few months ago we swapped in a H55F and it's a dramatic improvement.

This is a 60 with a swapped in 3FE and for ca. 25 years it had the 4 speed. A few months ago we swapped in a H55F and it's a dramatic improvement.
I’ve been driving the above mentioned ‘85 for several years now, previously with the H42 behind the 3FE and now with the H55F. I believe the H55F is one of the best upgrades for a 60/62. It is much happier at highway speeds with the H55F over the H42.

IMG_8478.jpeg

If you’re ever down near Auburn, AL I’d be happy to let you give it a drive.

What size tires do you have?how do you like the 4 speed?

I'm not by you, but I've got a 5 speed in a 60 and 62. They're both awesome. The 62 is very lively and rev happy.

I have stock 235's on the 62 and it drives great. 1st gear is very short, but it's still worth it. With 31's or taller it would be perfect.
Thank you! I have BFG 31.5 all terrain tires on it now.

The 3F-E engine in the 62 is a very nice match with the 4 speed. Your engine is much happier spinning at higher RPMs than the 2F engine in the 60.
Thank you. Yes, l love my 4 speed with the 3FE. But still thinking the H55 could be even better. Still debating cost vs benefits.

Really thinking about putting a 4 speed out of a 60 I have in my 62 has 32s on it now but I also have some 33 10.5
I love my 4 speed in my 62 - it livened it up so much! I’m having a motor rebuilt now, so that’s why I’m toying with the H55 swap while the driveline is already out of 62. I’ll likely have a good A440 and a good H42 4 speed tranny for sale soon!

Oh, thank you. It gives me a good boost of confidence to lean into the H55.
I’ve been driving the above mentioned ‘85 for several years now, previously with the H42 behind the 3FE and now with the H55F. I believe the H55F is one of the best upgrades for a 60/62. It is much happier at highway speeds with the H55F over the H42.

View attachment 3554587
If you’re ever down near Auburn, AL I’d be happy to let you give it a drive.
that’s amazing! Look at that speedometer! What kind of RPM are you getting at that speed? I mean I guess that depends on your tire size but I was just curious and thank you for the offer to let me drive it. I don’t think I’ll be near Auburn anytime soon but I’m grateful for the offer.

I love my 4 speed in my 62 - it livened it up so much! I’m having a motor rebuilt now, so that’s why I’m toying with the H55 swap while the driveline is already out of 62. I’ll likely have a good A440 and a good H42 4 speed tranny for sale soon!
Out of curiosity, who is doing the work on your motor! Another Nashville guy here and curious who works on cruisers around here.

Out of curiosity, who is doing the work on your motor! Another Nashville guy here and curious who works on cruisers around here.
Always great to meet fellow Nashville cruiser folks! I’m using OTM in Birmingham, but another great shop is Rocket City Cruisers in Huntsville. They have both been super professional, and they are very knowledgeable. Cole, the owner of OTM, even came and picked up my 62 and put it on flatbed to bring it back to his shop. there’s some great mechanics in town but for the rebuild I wanted to use a cruiser specialty shop.

Oh, thank you. It gives me a good boost of confidence to lean into the H55.

that’s amazing! Look at that speedometer! What kind of RPM are you getting at that speed? I mean I guess that depends on your tire size but I was just curious and thank you for the offer to let me drive it. I don’t think I’ll be near Auburn anytime soon but I’m grateful for the offer.
It was running about 3k RPMs at 80 mph with 33x10.50r15s.

I swapped in the H55 around 10-12 years ago into my '88, it transformed the truck. Way more responsive, feels downright sporty, and at highway speeds she cruises at 70mph at about 2500rpm with 32 x10.5's. Hit the gas and she takes off to 80 quickly. Mine doesn't like to stay at 3000rpm for long, the temp starts to rise a little, but it passes with authority and takes grades in 5th gear.

Another Nashville 62 owner here (Brentwood). Just wanted to check in. Still running my A440 with a rebuilt 3FE I recently put in so for now no help for this thread, would like to go H55 in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom