Any info on 35x10.50 Kenda Klevers? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey Mudders, I'm in search of pictures and information on the skinny 35/10.50R17 Kenda Klever RT tires - specifically on a 100 series/LX470.

Any shot running these with an AHC sensor lift and trimming? Or am I on planet mars with that idea?

I have these exact tires on my GX470 and LOVE everything about them.

I wanted to pick up a set for my LX470 but would like to see how much of a pain it is to fit them.

Any help is much appreciated.

Post up those pictures, lets seem em'!

You'll need to trim the pinch weld inside the fender at the minimum. I trimmed the actual sheet metal to cleanly clear my 35x12.5s.

Lots of (long) threads about fitting 35s on these.

You'll need to trim the pinch weld inside the fender at the minimum. I trimmed the actual sheet metal to cleanly clear my 35x12.5s.

Lots of (long) threads about fitting 35s on these.
Thanks for the response. Are you on AHC still? I did the trimming and cutting on the GX to fit them so I'm not too worried about that. Im more so wondering if id have to full on remove AHC because I really like it and wouldn't be worth the trade off for me.

You can definitely keep the AHC in place. A sensor lift like you mentioned would work just fine. Depending on how high you want it be in your new normal mode, you may consider some springs for the rear and tweaking your torsion bars a bit. I'm no longer on AHC so I'm not an expert, but there's also a ton of info here about keeping the system up to snuff.

@bernz Wheel offset also plays a pretty significant factor in the equation

What were you planing on running?

My son is running them on his Tacoma. Loves them.

Growing up, I always bought Kenda BMX tires because they were the cheapest tires! When they came out with LT tires, I didn't have open arms. But the 35x10.5 size is the size that everyone has been wanting but nobody has been offering.... until Kenda. It's been a few years since introduction and everyone seems very happy with them. I've been eye-balling the Kenda Klever MT2 35x10.5R17 actually. :)

1706237028988.png

@bernz Wheel offset also plays a pretty significant factor in the equation

What were you planing on running?
Good point, I did read about higher positive offsets being ideal.

I’m not really set on which wheels. Biggest factor for me is to keep weight down. It seems like 26-27LBS is the lightest I can find in a 17 inch. I think the Fuel Hype 17x8.5 is a +10mm offset.

I’m willing to choose a wheel with higher offset if it will make all the difference.

You can definitely keep the AHC in place. A sensor lift like you mentioned would work just fine. Depending on how high you want it be in your new normal mode, you may consider some springs for the rear and tweaking your torsion bars a bit. I'm no longer on AHC so I'm not an expert, but there's also a ton of info here about keeping the system up to snuff.
Awesome! Thank you. I’ll definitely get on the sensor lift then

Growing up, I always bought Kenda BMX tires because they were the cheapest tires! When they came out with LT tires, I didn't have open arms. But the 35x10.5 size is the size that everyone has been wanting but nobody has been offering.... until Kenda. It's been a few years since introduction and everyone seems very happy with them. I've been eye-balling the Kenda Klever MT2 35x10.5R17 actually. :)

View attachment 3542109
I’d be very interested to see those MT2s. I considered them for my GX over the RT. But they were so new and no good feedback or reviews.

Post them up if you do get them please!

@bernz

This is only 1 members experience but a good resource

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom