Any cruiserheads from Europe? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi guys,

I am about to make the decision of shipping and importing my cruiser back to Denmark after my epic roadtrip.

I have one worry though. How hard will it be for me to get parts. This model has not - on Danish plates - driven on Danish roads before (according to Toyota Denmark and the tax authorities), so mine will be a 30 year old firstmover. I believe there are FJ60/62's in Sweden, Norway and Germany, but I cannot find any pages that sell spare parts. I want the car home with me, but I also need it to make just a little bit of sense. Would be a darn shame to import in and just let it rust because I cannot get the needed parts.

So here goes my question: Anyone in Europe with experiences on acquiring spareparts for their FJ60/62? I'd love to know more about availability, prices, shipping time/costs, where did you order from, is there a community that I can't seem to find online?

My other option is to drive to Brazil (I'm ending my trip in Argentina) and buy spareparts there. I assume with the factories in Brazil, that I'd be lucky with finding spareparts there?

No problem getting parts, but I have a HJ, Some stuff comes from Australia, had a rad cap from Indonesia, partsouq lately has plenty, local dealer should be able to get it.
In the Netherlands the diesels are killed slowly by law, therefore more gasolines are imported (25 years old is no road tax but not allowed to drive in nov/dec/January, thanks dumbass politicians)

part sites:
Shop Websites, parts, LC for sale, 4x4 events. - hj60

And manuals (and a few part sites, should put them on the first webpage but whatever)
HJ60 Model/Parts finder,maintenance service PDF 1000 pages - hj60

Maarten at cruiserworld.eu is your man for parts in the Netherlands. I have ordered parts from him a few times. He is super helpful, and a pleasure to deal with.

@hj 60 and @red66toy your answers are exactly what I was hoping for. Guess I should start looking around for a shipping company. I am also looking around for inspiration - because I'd like to do an engine swap in the future. My 3FE is running great. No problems whatsoever. But I think I'd like something bigger. Does it make sense to swap with a 12HT, or should I go LS? My thoughts are that, the 12HT is stronger, diesel and more simple than the 3FE, but is it that much better/stronger than the 3FE?

The thing is, gas J6's are rare in Europe, therefore parts for them are somewhat harder to come by, than diesel, but not impossible.
Cruiserworld and Euro4x4Parts are probably the best sites when it comes to service and spare parts.

12H-T swap makes sense no matter what.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom