For Sale Any 40 series with low rust under or at 10K. Within 2 days drive from central CA (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

running or not running?

We can help with some more details The variables are endless. When I think less than 10k I think the following,

1) not stock, chevy engine, re painted, diamond plate quarter panels
2) 1976 newer
3) lots of rust
4) no top
5) likely not registered or running

If you are looking for a stock, not running, ran before sitting for several years, or total project that would be helpful. There are some awesome people on here who either have it or no someone who does.

only musts are original engine, no rust rot, And smog free.
I’ll give a wish list:
running
minor to no rust
stock
smog free
I want something that’s closer to finished but, I can do some work.

Not for under 10k... at least no one on this forum would sell for that cheap

There’s a yellow 78 in the 40’s section that has stock drivetrain for 17 or 18k. Super clean, good runner and very little rust But that’s because it’s got a fibreglass tub. no doors or roof. Gives you a good idea that you’ll be paying around 20k for a rust free original drive train complete 40...

Pm me. I have a line on a 1974 Fj40

I think you can find a decent FJ40 along those lines and price range. But you posted in the 45 section, and to be honest, its a different animal. First off there are not as many. They are desirable. So with a restrained supply the cost goes up. Anything I have seen close to 10K is Junk or a mismatched shell and a lot of boxes containing parts. You never know, you may luck out and come across a barn find around you. But the chances of locating one in this venue for that price would be slim to none. Just put away some more $$$, you'll get there.

I know, I'm on the same mission. Proverbial- "Been there Done that"

Good Luck,
Kevo

Like I said earlier that does happen from time to time, but not on this site... In the information age it does not take long to find a value on something, so many different sites to visit, such as IH8MUD and people usually want to get the most out of their sale so they will look around. One of the guys that deals in 45's on Mud just made a comment on the price you mentioned. And that pretty much sums it up. Thanks whitey45.

I not trying to deter you on your journey, I wish you the best and hope you find your 45.

Cheers,
KevO

ive got a 40 - with stock engine and stock uncut dash and body. But alot has been done - metaltech cage,..newly redone seats, bumpers, door seals, roof re-gelocated- new headliner. etc etc. Huge list- but the last piece of the puzzle is it just needs a new engine, original is tired. and i can toss in a F1.5 with better oiling/higher compression head thwt i was going to use in it.

its not 10k....but could probably be closer than you would think given the sweet patina and all the work already done. i was knocking off everything and waiting for something like a 1hdt/ or gen5 l83.......but never got around to the motor which is the last thing this needs really. currently sits on new 37s and fjc steelies. has soa cut n turn and full disc conversion, gm1 ton stuff. i also have a set of 35s on same rims if you didnt plan or want to trim the rear fenders which i couldnt bring myself to do on this sweet patina body.

pm for info or questions,

D66FE3CF-0E88-47DE-87C5-A6AF33032DC0.jpeg

Last edited:
ive got a 40 - with stock engine and stock uncut dash and body. But alot has been done - metaltech cage,..newly redone seats, bumpers, door seals, roof re-gelocated- new headliner. etc etc. Huge list- but the last piece of the puzzle is it just needs a new engine, original is tired. and i can toss in a F1.5 with better oiling/higher compression head thwt i was going to use in it.

its not 10k....but could probably be closer than you would think given the sweet patina and all the work already done. i was knocking off everything and waiting for something like a 1hdt/ or gen5 l83.......but never got around to the motor which is the last thing this needs really. currently sits on new 37s and fjc steelies. has soa cut n turn and full disc conversion, gm1 ton stuff. i also have a set of 35s on same rims if you didnt plan or want to trim the rear fenders which i couldnt bring myself to do on this sweet patina body.

pm for info or questions,

View attachment 2314202

Love the color on the 40! I like spring over 40s all it needs is a Chevy V8! Bwahaha!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom