Builds Another LS swap? Really??? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks Ross, but be careful...I'll be in the garage all next week and may call you on your offer. I do still need to get all the bushings swapped out, which is what I originally planned for, but the Tcase and the shifter cable mount will be the first priorities.

:lol: Fair warning

Text me and we can see what we can set up.

Sure thing.

FedEx brought some of the final pieces for the brake system overhaul/upgrade. Powerstop Z36 truck rotor, pads, and parking shoes.

IMG_20191125_163134068.jpg

IMG_20191125_163229192.jpg

FedEx brought some of the final pieces for the brake system overhaul/upgrade. Powerstop Z36 truck rotor, pads, and parking shoes.

View attachment 2142219

View attachment 2142220
I just put those same rotors and pads on my 80 front axle and I'm very happy with them. I thought the drilled and slotted may be a little overkill but the price was right. Anxious to hear how you like them.

I just put those same rotors and pads on my 80 front axle and I'm very happy with them. I thought the drilled and slotted may be a little overkill but the price was right. Anxious to hear how you like them.
Will do.

I haven't posted up in a while, so it is time for an update.

I got my BIO Step Sliders in and installed last week. I am very happy with the quality, fit, function, and look of them. I was out testing them out after install and lawn darted it into a wash, so I got to use my winch for the first time as well.

IMG_20200123_171636867.jpg

IMG_20200123_171646727.jpg

IMG_20200123_171710412.jpg

34960.jpg

34961.jpg

When I nosed in and realized I was sitting on the belly, I looked around and there was one puny little shrub in front of me that I figured I would just pull out. To my surprise, it held enough to pull my front wheels into the other side and out I came. Score one for Shrub and Superwinch.

IMG_20200202_170506589_HDR.jpg

IMG_20200202_170453341_HDR.jpg

IMG_20200202_170459437_HDR.jpg

After that, I headed home and tested them out to see if I could lift the side up. My jack topped out but the sliders were solid and did not contact the rockers.

Then, I finally got around to trimming the Vortec engine cover to fit the install. I am steadily chipping coming to the end of the build list. Mainly electrics left, OBA system, rack, awning, and hot water system. I did go ahead and commit to a large volume LS configured radiator. Still working through the fine details, so stay tuned.

34964.jpg

34981.jpg

I haven't checked in for some time now, but I do have some goodies that I brought back from Australia. Stay tuned and I will get them installed and posted here. Also, after some deal of frustration trying with one company(won't say who) to have a high volume LS swap radiator built, I dropped the coin and went the Gucci route with our buddy up the road in Glendale. With summer temps on the way, I want to put a nail in the cooling effort.

Pictures or Aussie contraband
I got some Aussie only bits for the 80. Don't mean to be cheeky about it. I'll post up pics as soon as I can remember. In short, Raslarr SS Snorkel, Travel Buddy Marine oven, and a Glind Shower system. I am most excited for the shower. We took hot showers every night after getting to camp. I can't begin to tell you how amazing that felt. To crawl into your swag all fresh and clean..........oh man.

Be careful with the oven and eating US style pot pies. It has been reported that the filling is hot and prone to running out all over the place with the first bite. Maybe @D_Web can provide some helpful tips.

I miss the pies in London

Be careful with the oven and eating US style pot pies. It has been reported that the filling is hot and prone to running out all over the place with the first bite. Maybe @D_Web can provide some helpful tips.
Burning one's tongue on too hot pie filling is a universal problem. Now, not putting the right filling in the pie to start off with...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom