Another 25 Alive (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yea, I used everything from the new pressure plate. Interestingly enough, the 25 pressure plate only had 6 springs (although it clearly had provisions for 9), so I used all 9 from the new plate. This should help harness all that f135 power!

Chevy gasket kit arrived today and will work out great for the top cover, bearing retainer, and PTO cover (maybe a couple more) In fact, when I first pulled the PTO cover, I compared it to an SM420 case I have here and thought, "hmmmm, I wonder if I can find an old Chevy PTO gearbox that will work on the 25 transmission..."

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1437517500.217294.jpg

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1437517512.499107.jpg

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1437517961.125119.jpg

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1437517973.640530.jpg

That's remarkable how well it works!

I've got a Chevy PTO if you want to check it out, need to change the gear though. Relatively easy to find if you hang out on the stovebolt forum (which is educational). Hope you got that clip.

I did get the synchro spring. Thank you very much, Jim! I also compared it to some h55f parts this week and they're almost the same. So close that I'd use later 4 speed or 5 speed synchro springs in a heartbeat.

Good to know always wanted to put that stuff side by side to compare

Got the transmission put back together and was working on the transfer case when this happened. Anybody have an extra rear output shaft snap-ring? I think the transmission output shaft snap-ring is the same.

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1437848794.474639.jpg

I got the hardtop back on after refurbishing the fiberglass cap from the 1962 I picked up recently. I'm getting a huge gap between the windshield frame and roof with no way to adjust anything to make it come together. Anybody have some photos of the front of an early top? Was the windshield-hardtop seal different on the early cruisers?

Will take pictures tomorrow. Too dark now.

Last edited:
Does your fiberglass top have the metal flange that rests on top of the windshield? Just like the one on a FJ40 hardtop, but doesn't bolt to the windshield it just rest there.

Does your fiberglass top have the metal flange that rests on top of the windshield? Just like the one on a FJ40 hardtop, but doesn't bolt to the windshield it just rest there.

Yea, it's there and seems to line up with the windshield pretty well. It's just about 1/2" too high.

Im pretty sure this is stock w/s that went between the hard top and windshield.
Measurement (A) looks like it was about 1 3/8" tall, blue arrow points towards a folded over part.
Measurement (B) is about 1 3/4"
Left side of photo is front side if windshield.
IMG_1833.jpg
IMG_1824.jpg
IMG_1825.jpg

a better picture of one i bought to replace mine years ago.
20160312_145945.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom