Annual Ouray Trip Aug 5-9 2015 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

We have to cancel our planned Ouray trip. We're searching for our son's dog, who disappeared this weekend during lightning and thunderstorms here. She's a very special member of our family, and we just can't leave home without her. Have fun, and post lots of pictures.

Meet at 4J+J+1 campground at 9am each morning for trail runs. Good call on the bug spray.

so whats the convoy situation looking like? North Portal 9amish....

Saw you headed north on 550 in Bloomfield... bummed I was headed south. Hope you guys have a great time!

Weather has been spectacular up here, nary a hint of rain. My low rider took a little beating on Yankee Boy Basin trail near the top yesterday.

Nice

I'm not sure I like the group coming up to visit. First, there is now discussion of closing down Black Bear. Then a mine toxic waste pool unloads 1 million gallons of waste into the Animas.

You guys can stay home next year.

TR

What are you guys doing up there?
Turning the Animas orange for your entertainment is not cool...

Hey guys, I am heading up there for Labor Day weekend and will probably be tent camping at the 4J. Having never been there I have no idea what the good spots are. Any advice on what spots to request or which ones to avoid? I assume the top row marked 1-15 on the map are the tent sites? Thanks in advance.

ouray-cg-site-map-jpeg.1083840

Yup 1-15 tent sites. I'm partial so #8,9.. Water is between the two sites

Right now we have water, lots of water.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

thanks for the pics, guys!

Here are my pics, however, these are the lazy shareable ones. Almost all are from my Camera shot in Raw, and I have yet to "develop" them yet. These were from the google photo backup, which gives a decent view, however some of these will be much better after fixing the under-over exposures, and lighting.

https://goo.gl/photos/MBdeqccu9nxgRC6R6

Here are my pics, however, these are the lazy shareable ones. Almost all are from my Camera shot in Raw, and I have yet to "develop" them yet. These were from the google photo backup, which gives a decent view, however some of these will be much better after fixing the under-over exposures, and lighting.

https://goo.gl/photos/MBdeqccu9nxgRC6R6
There are some sweet shots in there. Thanks Ron.

Make me a SAMICH Larry!!!

IMG_20150805_115002149.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom