Builds An Accidental Frame Off.................. (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Top pin tapped in from the bottom to allow easy removal of the doors.

I would be worried at it would vibrate out over time.

I ground off half the door pin head so it would clear the windshield.

I want to seal my top too... It looks awesome!!

Do have any pictures of the corners? How difficult was it to install that seam sealer?

Do have any pictures of the corners? How difficult was it to install that seam sealer?

I've run my pins like that for about a year with no problem. Found the idea on here.

I'll take some pics for you, let's just say it was a good thing I had a couple cold beers handy. The nozzle on the caulk tube BARELY fits in there, about 8" from each corner it gets really tight. Once the caulk was applied getting a pinky finger in there to smooth it was another battle.

It's doable but not enjoyable.

Might be a good job for kids with more agile hands.

I have run the old pins in like that for a few years now, running up and down some good washboard roads. Only twice has a pin fallen out, both times it was whe I had the door partly open.

As hard as the new pins were to get in I'm not too worried about it.

And I keep 2 spares in my tool bag!

@oldschool4wheeling

20200830_114858.jpg
20200830_114843.jpg
20200830_114830.jpg

New City Racer weatherstripping for the top, I had found the small foam corner pads in a parts stash. After some mudsearch I found some solid info in the legendary build thread from @GA Architect . Looks like those pads are no longer necessary with the newer weatherstripping that covers the top all the way to the windshield frame.

So looks like those pads will be put back in the parts bin.

20200830_210909.jpg
20200830_210920.jpg
20200830_210905.jpg

Last edited:
Top is back on for the foreseeable future, the river quiver is bolted back on ready to load up, the weather is supposed to be pert-near perfect tomorrow. I believe I'm going fishing tomorrow.
20200901_203321.jpg

I truly envy you. Thanks for sharing it with Debi and I.
Thanks for stopping by, I enjoyed it! Hopefully you had a nice trip out of here up to Idaho.

Idaho and Montana outside of the tourism scrum is heaven. A secret to be kept and jealously guarded. We loved every moment and will be back ... and therein lies the problem for the locals. Get mosquitoes or something. We can send you some antifa "protesters" from Portland which should help. Thanks again.

How about a poser shot.

I'm practicing to go to Starbucks or the mall.
20200902_162015.jpg

So across the mountain is an all inclusive 5 star "ranch". Something like 1,500 per night or so, if I remember right it's one of the most expensive places to stay for vacation in the US. Pretty snazzy place. Dude ranch of sorts. All kinds of high rollers come to visit, you know, the city dwellers that spend $10K for a week long vacation to live the Montana life for a week, fully pampered of course. Part of the cabins are across the main road from the lodge, so you get people walking, biking, and riding golf carts over to the main lodge, all dressed up like Patagonia models .

Brings me to my point.

I always go tear assin' down that gravel road at about 60 in the cruiser, it's like a 25 mph area, kicking a ton of dust in the air.

:flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2:
It always puts a smile on my face to see the yuppies getting pelted with gravel and dust as I run by.
20200902_082934.jpg

The Ranch at Rock Creek.

Look it up, it's nice.

Found a couple of moose hanging out early this morning.

20200902_075517.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom