Builds An Accidental Frame Off.................. (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Gonna be hard casting, with all those people out there... ;)

It was actually pretty crowded at the parking area maybe 20 rigs,at least 5 rigs with boat trailers.

I always walk farther down the river than most people, a 15 minute walk usually puts you past the casual fishermen.

That is my reel, I made sure it landed in my bag before I left. There are a ton of stonefly nymphs in the river ready to start hatching, it should get good here in the next couple of weeks. I fished a #10 dry fly the whole day, it was more of a scouting trip than a real fishing trip.

Law says that you have to stay below the high water bank in the river bottom, there are a few good runs about a mile or more from the parking area that I was looking at today. Once the flows increase from runoff it may be inaccessible by foot.

That reel started acting funny today while casting, every now and then it would just free wheel line off of the spool, kind of like the drag was set to “0” or something. As soon as it came to a stop it would work fine for a while.

I’ll need to check that out, maybe it needs a little lube.

Old fart in the parking area called my Cruiser a Jeep. F***er.

I told him “Barbie drives a Jeep”.

Damn! Calm down, Barbie!!

It was actually pretty crowded at the parking area maybe 20 rigs,at least 5 rigs with boat trailers.

I always walk farther down the river than most people, a 15 minute walk usually puts you past the casual fishermen.

I always go out of my way to get away from people... and I don’t fly fish from a step ladder either... especially in a crowd. step ladder fly fishing - Yahoo Search Results

I know that sounds haughty, but I yam what I yam...

I had to look that up. Wow.

It’s become popular for coastal surf fishing as well.

Seems bizarre... like they had to find a way to sell more ladders.

But, if you’ve ever stood hip deep, after wading a few hundred yards offshore and tried to cast into a headwind, it makes sense.

No thanks!

Seems bizarre... like they had to find a way to sell more ladders

I can definitely see the benefit of it, not for me though. Not my style.

That time of the year now, big dry flies and good fish.
9BBD3393-A5A9-49BC-ADC2-AC217E8C8BEF.jpeg

Tech-apparently the fuel gauge is wrong on the 40, I ran out of fuel about 300 yards short of the gas station. Gauge showed 1/4 tank. Filled it up and the damn poly tank leaked all over the place, spilling about a half gallon of fuel in the cab.

Screw it, I went fishing.

Beautiful Rainbow! I've always wanted to learn fly fishing, just never the time. Spokane and the surrounding area is the perfect place to learn. Sorry to hear about the gas tank!

E4DD56F6-B1DF-4AD5-8030-79A33B957FEA.jpeg
B9F48CFA-7E73-4289-93AD-281E60A76693.jpeg
148F096C-1BC9-48E2-BCA0-ED095316C98A.jpeg
03C695EF-265C-4F20-AD7D-948A726F4C9D.jpeg
The river is rising and the high country is still snowed in, it has been a good couple of weeks. I installed a new OEM fuel tank, fuel guage, put some weatherstripping on the tranny hump, chased the threads to mount the hump, finally bolted that tranny hump to the floor for the first time in years. This weekend I should be able to get the weatherstripping finished on the front doors! I have some new 5/8" bushings coming from $pector, I need to install longer shackles on the rear springs, they have been bottoming out on the spring hanger. Not good.

Time to bang out as much work as I can in the next few weeks so I can get ready for the small streams to start opening up.

I also had a chance to put new insulation from McMaster Carr on the rear heater lines.

0535A452-FDE1-486B-A85F-D503A341ED89.jpeg
30E9516F-7313-491C-A416-5CC5D5CAF620.jpeg
4377B1F7-5E51-4AA0-8F40-5F92ED765B8C.jpeg
1AF93509-8535-439A-950D-C499F6C5AF5A.jpeg

Do you have a link for the insulation from McMaster Carr on the rear heater lines and was it hard to put on?

Do you have a link for the insulation from McMaster Carr on the rear heater lines and was it hard to put on?

I can get the number today, it is out in the garage still. It wasn’t that bad to put on the lines after I cleaned the old insulation off I used som gold bond powder and sprinkled it inside the new insulation. After that it was just a matter of taking my time and shimmying the new stuff down. One 6 ft. piece did both rear lines. Super easy, made a world of difference in the look of those lines.

Ok great! That sounds like a great product to get this on. Thx Ryan :idea:

I can get the number today, it is out in the garage still. It wasn’t that bad to put on the lines after I cleaned the old insulation off I used som gold bond powder and sprinkled it inside the new insulation. After that it was just a matter of taking my time and shimmying the new stuff down. One 6 ft. piece did both rear lines. Super easy, made a world of difference in the look of those lines.

McMaster-Carr

4339T8. 3/4” OD, 1/2” ID

That is the part number I used, Ingot it from another thread here on Mud.

@Helipilot has some numbers from McMaster Carr for the rubber weatherstripping that was used under the tranny cover, I bought a roll from the local hardware store. 3/4" wide by about 1/4" height, it worked like a charm under my tranny cover.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom