Aluminum Radiators (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I had the pleasure of replacing two radiators because of mishandling from mfg or delivery. I had holes in one and a hairline crack in the other. Now I'm looking at a new radiator from OzCoolingParts. Has anyone tried these guys? It looks good but only 2 reviews. BTW: I have a 2002 LX470.

My recommendation: Get an aluminum Koyo. You won't be sorry- both my cruisers have them.

I can’t seem to find a seller of the koyo a2282. Is that the correct part number? Where did you buy it from?

I found the Koyo A2282 on amazon but it is not all aluminum but rather a aluminum core with plastic top and bottom reservoir. I have seen reviews for the Koyo, Denso and Mishimoto. All seem acceptable and in-fact I have purchased two of them but had problems in one form or another with them. The original radiator on this vehicle was a Krad ( I can insert a photo for those interested in OEM) which no longer makes a radiator for the LX470 as far as I could find. Although, the original worked for 16 years and had a plastic reservoir as the others I would still like to find more info about the all Aluminum types.

Take your old radiator to a radiator shop in your area and have them build you one. Only takes a couple of days.

I received the Ozcooling Radiator. It looks good, but I had some problems with shipping damage and some alignment issues. I can state more later but wanted to get it out there incase someone else had bought a radiator from them. Its the first all Aluminum radiator I know of for the the LX470 so I wish them luck but minor issues is the down fall of best intentions.

I received the Ozcooling Radiator. It looks good, but I had some problems with shipping damage and some alignment issues. I can state more later but wanted to get it out there incase someone else had bought a radiator from them. Its the first all Aluminum radiator I know of for the the LX470 so I wish them luck but minor issues is the down fall of best intentions.

Did you return it back? I'm interested in this radiator too since mine looks like it needs replacing soon. Any other information you can share?

I did email the supplier about the issues. I explained to them I would take a replacement if they fixed the issues. Now, if they did take me seriously, I won't know till it shows up. It arrives here this week.

As far the quality of the radiator it looked good. I was happy when I took it out of the box minus the bent bracket.

As far as this issues. 1) related to shipping in which the upper mount was bent over. I was able to bend it back within some reason. 2) Fan shroud brackets on bottom of radiator that hold the shroud vertically were not welded in correct location. Should be up about 0.5 ". 3) The nut welded to hold Fan shroud on passenger side was welded to driver side, therefore nothing to again hold the fan shroud in that location. 4) the two upper bolts that again attach to the fan shroud were in the correct location but adjacent to the bolts are the locations for the air conditioning line brackets didn't have the bosses raised high enough to mount the brackets. 5) the bracket welded to the radiator that holds the overflow reservoir is welded in the wrong location by about 1.5" too low. 6) drain o-ring is cheap and when tighten deforms and leaks. I can find a plug that would work better or just a bolt with a washer.
Overall I could live with item 2 or 3 but not both, Also 6 has to be fixed.

Shipping: Clearly there has been a problem with shipping radiators as they all seem to have this upper bracket bent over if not package correctly. I have had 3 out of 3 from different mfg all have this problem all the same shipper. All need to package better to prevent movement of the radiator in the box. This last mfg did the best job packaging but still had issues. However, I would say on shippers are not all innocent. I had a long conversation with the major online retailer explaining my frustrations. If something comes of it, it would all be worth it. It won't be the last time I order from them so better to get them to change because it affects there bottom line with me returning packages.

As a FedEx driver for 13yrs and counting...most damage during shipping is because of packaging.
There are times where the package was stepped on and damaged, we don't use forklifts. It's all conveyor belts and trolly's for packages that are incompatible with conveyor belts.

When packaged properly you can drop, throw and stack on top of a package and not damage what's inside.

So if bracket's are getting bent, they need to do better packaging around the brackets.

After millions of packages are delivered safely, if packaged better, millions more wouldn't be returned. Larger packages are difficult, especially these lightweight ones.
Two of these 3 radiators had shipping damage which packaging couldn't have prevented. One radiator I received had damage on the bracket which could have been prevented (better packaging) but I bent it back and it worked. What I didn't realize was the foot print on the box top would cause a hairline crack next to the fill cap. After the complete install and test drive I found out. The other radiator had two puncture holes in the core matching up with holes in the side of the box (well if they had a sheet of plywood over the core it would have survived).

IMG_1470.jpg

My route is a resort town filled with artists, this is a $20,000 painting that he sold from is gallery...his stuff does not get damaged.

Thats funny. I was thinking a crate too, but it is cost prohibitive for a $150 radiator. Still, I bet you didn't throw this box.

I agree that is overkill for a radiator, but they should have foam on the bendable parts and thicker something covering the core.

And no, I do not throw his boxes, I only throw the boxes of the people who piss me off. Lol

Bumping this thread - has anyone bought one of these 100% aluminum radiators for their 100, if so how was the fit?
So far I have had 3 Deso radiators damaged in shipping.

I almost did, I read all the reviews and just didn't want to stomach the possibility it didn't fit normal or showed up broken.
I just went through two spectras from amazon. Second was fine, so far, but it's only been 24 hours. Pep boys couldnt get one. All other places wanted a ton of money. A guy told me to call 100 radiators. He said they can get an all aluminum one. I just didn't try. I've been on the amazon ship and return merry go around for 30 days. Next time, god forbid, I will call everyone and pay over to be able to inspect it before I pay. Knock over one 5 gallon bucket of coolant on a radiator change out and there goes another $40 or so.
The sand in my yard has more coolant than a full radiator. I got the drain, remove, glue foam, install, fill procedure down to a science.

They probably only cost about 30$ that's why they don't care about shipping.

Bumping this thread - has anyone bought one of these 100% aluminum radiators for their 100, if so how was the fit?
So far I have had 3 Deso radiators damaged in shipping.

I purchased one from winner racing on ebay. the radiator was as advertised well built and packaged good. the only problem was my mistake and i ordered one without the transmission cooler. i say they are good to go but don't screw up like i did. oh and it fit without problems.

I purchased one from winner racing on ebay. the radiator was as advertised well built and packaged good. the only problem was my mistake and i ordered one without the transmission cooler. i say they are good to go but don't screw up like i did. oh and it fit without problems.
I've been debating on purchasing this one for over 6 months! Are you going to get the correct one with the transmission cooler fittings or bypass it?

How long did it take to be delivered?

I did the Amazon merry go round as well , three Denso radiators. First two had broken thru the box in shipping (two day shipping) third one was in what looked like a better box. Driver suggested I open it before he left.

The fill cap was pushed into the tank. My radiator has a tiny leak, on its last leg.
Think I will try the all aluminum one and add a external tranny cooler.

Just saying that seems silly , the factory one has been going strong for 270,000 miles. Probably a better idea to just buy another factory one

B0F321EE-7D35-492D-A5B3-F4B29AFEB4C6.jpeg

C3548C76-DC18-403E-A1B4-BE9722A7AAB3.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom