(Almost) OEM Intermittent Wipers for the FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@unixman I'm very impressed with your undertaking. I'd certainly be down for one if the price isn't too crazy. Interval wipers would be a worthwhile addition to any old 40.

I'd keep the wipe for 3 seconds after squirting the windshield. It'd be a good excuse to put a washer fluid bottle back on the truck... it's only been 20 years now since I had a working wash feature :D

Hey @unixman - did this ever get sorted? And can it be applied to 1968-1974 overhead wiper models?

Interested, depending on price.. never knew i needed it, till you mentioned it..

I sent one to Coolerman to try out but it was about the time he was having eye surgery again. The design is good but there are a couple changes I want to make. The cost would be around $55 +/- a few dollars. When Coolerman is able to give me some feedback I'll press ahead.

I'm in...that's cheap for the only thing I never liked about old "Olive"

Guys, Unixman sent me a sample of the wiper delay module and I have to say this thing is sweet! VERY small box that will simply disappear under the dash when installed. He sent it to me as a kit right about the time I started having my cataract surgery. My surgeries did not go well on one eye resulting in two more trips to the surgeon so I have been out of the loop for a while. I finally got a chance to assemble the kit. I installed the wires, crimped on the terminals, but did not install the terminals into the connector housings as I wanted to quickly test it on three different year harnesses. It worked perfectly on my 2/71! As long as the park switch stayed together that is... (My switch kept "breaking". I had repaired it years ago with soft solder instead of silver solder and it kept coming apart.) So on to the 76 harness test...

Being the idiot last night, I failed to turn off my +12V power supply when i was installing the module on my 76 harness. I managed to get two of the terminals together which created a short of course and I overheated the CPU... End of the testing....:(
Remember I had bare terminals exposed, not terminals safely installed into connector housings, so you won't have this issue.

I have humbly contacted Unixman for some replacement parts, so stay tuned for more testing. Just keep in mind: It does WORK!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom