SOLD Alabama ** FJ28L ** (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Entire front end needs to be completely redone, bunch of late model FJ40 stuff including the entire front bib. So someone would need to definitely source a donor FJ25 to restore that one correctly most likely. I'll be interested to see what it fetches though. It's cool that another one exists for sure I just wish they'd left it alone. Best picture is of it unrestored.

I am speechless.....

(and those are just a few, every picture makes me cringe)

Somebody with some serious resources should win this for a low bid, then pour their life's savings into bringing it back to stock.
That or just shoot it.

Last edited:
I think I just threw up in my mouth! What a shame, but these rigs were used hard, it’s too bad it got the lipstick treatment. Crazy how all these 28’s are surfacing..

There are 5 now i think right? Mine, the one at the museum, one in Austria, this thing, and i believe the guy that owns house of cruisers is hiding one more he’s planning to keep. Although this one is really just half a 28 since the front is all late model 40 series and rebar.

Makes you wonder how many will appear over the next decade? Selfishly I hope not TOO many! All the more reason to make sure I don’t screw up this restoration. Fine. I won’t use any rebar.

Btw I think the OP of this thread is the seller :oops:

With welds like this, it's a good thing there's
Screen Shot 2020-01-28 at 9.36.12 PM.png

plenty of quality bondo holding this truck together.

If I won the lottery I'd buy it in a heartbeat, and I'd add a horn that plays Dixie.

That is wall of shame worthy

whomever does get it. please don't ever tow until that rear frame is fixed!!!

my favorite outside of the rebar mirror is the fact they couldn't put the pocket pull on the glove box door correctly.

My fav, the front turn signals. Think I'd keep those. There's a song: "If I had a million dollars I'd buy me a monkey."
He'd ride around with me in this rig.

1580413970308.png

looks like a rust hole in the support and no mounting bolt for the body??

1580413994871.png

how much air flow is getting to the engine?

That whole front end needs to be the first thing to go... the scary part though is what all that undercoating or whatever is hiding. And the welds on the frame. Its a shame it will probably sell for too much - I could use a parts truck!

There are 5 now i think right... Btw I think the OP of this thread is the seller :oops:

There was two in south Americas ... one Henry posted a picture of years ago and there’s the green one as well... or was it red?

One was 4 door and 1 was 2 door I think

Looks like way too many

You might as well cut your losses and sell to me for the “Iron Oxide land cruiser museum”

I will be able to drive it ‘as is’ and complete it’s cycle to re-enter the earth as a reddish powder :)

The OP is the seller ... but.. I don’t think this was the reaction he was looking for :meh:

I feel bad ... as they (from reading what they posted on Bat and elsewhere) they did not do the restoration (loosely using that term) ... but saw the rarity in it and most likely thought they hit the jackpot for an import sale

They will still most likely make what they got into it ... hopefully

the people who did the ... cough caugh restoration should have MrT slap them silly

Funny he does use the phrase “the holy grail” however in the cruiser world that would be an actual FJ35 .... or first year Bj jeep ... or finding the grandfather of them all the AK10

My worthless 2c :)

Guessing whoever had this thing had no idea what a rare bird it was. Perhaps we should be thankful to the seller that it's (hopefully) going to a collector and (hopefully) going to get a proper restoration now. Otherwise it might have been just another that disappeared. Who knows the next owner in Paraguay may have looked at it and been like "man... that coach doesn't match the front end. I better remove the coach and replace it with something more modern". Then they'd just have a 28L frame hiding in a frankenstein!

The OP is the seller I think as was mentioned above. He gave me 3 replies to my BAT comments. While rare it is in sad condition. Look at the front of the radiator in the above picture. It has a giant sized brazed spot and was painted afterwards. The air intake has a deluxe inner tube patch which the idea is sound but the execution is bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom