AirDownGearUp SS1: Storage, Sleeper and Drawer System for 200 series (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Do you think a front runner sloped water tank would fit with a drawer installed in between the system and rear seats?
it is W 1000mm (39.4") x H 350mm (13.8") x L tapered 200mm (7.9") to 150mm (5.9")

My 2nd question is, can it be used as a sleeper with out the sleeper addition, like and ARB system? I know its not optimal but if i hard mount a fridge slide on the passenger side I don't think the sleeper add on can be used.. Would be happy to be wrong though.

the more i look at the system the more i like it since it
a) can be easily removed (i guess less than an hour or so)
b) can have a single drawer with a full platform
c) its lightweight compared to other systems

from the specs it is 13" high so would fit a NL battery box, just need to figure out a water setup while keeping the rear seats for normal use and the dog when out and about in the wilds.

So, I got my kit, but its clear I am a moron. Can someone who has installed recently help me out? The instructions seem a little unclear. All I have basically done so far is get all the prop nuts in and then all 136 screws for the hinges. I am now on Step 6 in the instructions that were sent. It reads:

6. Flip panels so the UNDERSIDE is facing up (recessed features on the ground) and Install d-ring tie anchor (bag M) into their 1/4"-20 propnuts (near the trim piece only, other tie anchors installed in step 7)

Okay fine, I found bag M which has 6 d-rings and 6 anchors. I flipped it over and found the right spots. What this direction doesn't say is what screws I should be using to install these two on the underside. The next step shows installing the other four on the top side along with the tie down holders (bag P) and it says to use the bolts from bag Q (qty 4) and nuts from bag R (which doesn't exist, but the nuts appear to be in bag Q with the bolts). There seem to be only enough bolts in there for the four top side, yes? (though the anchors have two holes). Actually now looking at step 7, it doesn't make a lot of sense to me because I am not very smart, but one step at a time I guess.

So what am I supposed to use to attach the two on the underside at the rear??
I also got a little thrown off by this & installed 4 of the propnuts closer to the center of the panels. Once I got a little further along with my install I realized that the prop nuts actually go by the spots closer to the tailgate to secure those D rings. It's easy to knock those propnut back out with an appropriately sized allen wrench from the back. I am at the end of my install now trying to get everything leveled out evenly after tightening down my center bar & turnbuckles....gonna take a little trial & error & a good level. Have found everything level sitting in the back of the truck but as soon as I start tightening everything down the sides pull down & the center sits high. Just gonna have to take it one leg at a time.

Do you think a front runner sloped water tank would fit with a drawer installed in between the system and rear seats?
it is W 1000mm (39.4") x H 350mm (13.8") x L tapered 200mm (7.9") to 150mm (5.9")

My 2nd question is, can it be used as a sleeper with out the sleeper addition, like and ARB system? I know its not optimal but if i hard mount a fridge slide on the passenger side I don't think the sleeper add on can be used.. Would be happy to be wrong though.

from the specs it is 13" high so would fit a NL battery box, just need to figure out a water setup while keeping the rear seats for normal use and the dog when out and about in the wilds.

I can go measure my 100 and get some rough ideas. We will have another 200 in the shop this coming week and I can check on that 2016 at that time.

I think the front runner will fit between the drawer end and seat backs. Worst case, we could custom-cut a drawer box or two a little short if needed. That'd be a minimal fee to do something custom like that if required.

Sleeper without the sleeper addition: yes, you could, but I wouldn't recommend that approach. Instead, I'd go with our half sleeper concept as seen here on an 80 series. This is something we can offer on all 80/100/200 series systems, but haven't put up on the site as a standard offer. We need to sit down and plan out how to best list the system on the site. We want folks to have a simple checkout experience, but still have all the options available. As we add on all these nifty options, that gets more challenging!

1624070512722.png

a) Definitely less than an hour. Depends on how much gear you have to remove from the drawers, but the actual system removal process is quick. 2 screws and a disconnect lever per drawer and then 8 screws/bolts for the system itself.
b) Yes, this is how I run mine now. Drawer for all the permanent stuff and an open side for flex space.
c) Very lightweight indeed. We believe we have the lightest system that's anywhere near this capable. We've got weight only in the components that really need it and that's shaved off a ton of weight. It also helps when it comes time to ship these to customers. We can use ground shipping and avoid the cost and hassle of freight shipments.

I also got a little thrown off by this & installed 4 of the propnuts closer to the center of the panels. Once I got a little further along with my install I realized that the prop nuts actually go by the rear for those D rings. It's easy to knock those propnut back out with an appropriately sized allen wrench from the back. I am at the end of my install now trying to get everything leveled out evenly after tightening down my center bar & turnbuckles....gonna take a little trial & error & a good level.
This should be less confusing going forward. I need to remove a couple of those unused holes from the main panels in the machining program. Those were needed for our original mount method, but now that you guys have the newer version with the anchor bars the holes are just confusing. That confusion is on me.

Let us know how it goes and reach out via PM/email if you get hung up. The final stage of our 200 series mounting revamp is almost done and that may alleviate what you're fighting, but I don't want to add confusion to anyone else quite yet.

We're also looking to do a video series on installation. I think a 3 minute video would cover everything. Once you see where everything needs to live I think it's smooth sailing.

Haven't yet installed my single passenger side drawer yet but I did find a nice Husky waterproof latched lid bin for my drivers side to hold my wetsuit & surf stuff. Nice option if you are constantly dealing with wet stuff you don't want to throw in your nice drawers. So stoked how flat the platform allows surfboards to lay while still allowing access to the area underneath. I also have two baby car seats behind the driver & middle seat.

Drawer1.jpeg

No problem....I had Heritage instructions for a 200 due to eventually going with only a single side set up. I didn't really find it too confusing just that one section about the propnuts for the tailgate area & also a little confusion on which side the wings go but nothing crazy. I just built a bunch of Ikea stuff last night, compared to it I'd say your instructions are great! I do have a question about the aluminum bar & it's spacers. It seems like I have to crank the M6 bolts down way too hard to get the spacer to contact the car & aluminum bar as to not rattle. In the instruction photos it appears there is a washer between the aluminum bar & the spacer however I only received the M6 Bolt & the spacer. Is it okay to use a washer or two to take up some room between the aluminum bar & the spacer so they contact the truck without cranking the bolt & bar down excessively? I had to tighten mine so much to get the contact it was affecting the level of the platform above eg making the sides pull down & not the center.

Last edited:
No problem....I had Heritage instructions for a 200 due to eventually going with only a single side set up. I didn't really find it too confusing just that one section about the propnuts for the tailgate area & also a little confusion on which side the wings go but nothing crazy. I just built a bunch of Ikea stuff last night, compared to it I'd say your instructions are great! I do have a question about the aluminum bar & it's spacers. It seems like I have to crank the M6 bolts down way too hard to get the spacer to contact the car & aluminum bar as to not rattle. In the instruction photos it appears there is a washer between the aluminum bar & the spacer however I only received the M6 Bolt & the spacer. Is it okay to use a washer or two to take up some room between the aluminum bar & the spacer so they contact the truck without cranking the bolt & bar down excessively? I had to tighten mine so much to get the contact it was affecting the level of the platform above eg making the sides pull down & not the center.
Ah! Yes, you can and should use washers if needed. That spacer length is something we're dialing in and will be affected by the level of compression in your carpet and weather or not you have a mat down. The aluminum should just barely start to compress the carpet before it bottoms out on the spacer. If it's bowing the aluminum you need to back it out and add additional spacers or washers. We have many spacers on hand and can get you what you need. Just let us know if you can't seem to get the right compression with what you have.

Curious to hear about the front runner tank fitment under the platform. I have this tank and it was made for the rear of a LC. Interested without drawers and with the custom shorter drawers. Thx!

No problem i will source anew spacer & bolt. Whats the thread pitch on that M6 bolt? thanks!

JIS standard. 1.0 pitch. M6x1.0.
Got it! I replaced with stainless steel, 60mm length and added two M6 washers to fill the gap between the spacer & the aluminum bar, works great.

Last edited:
Hi Everyone,
Just wanted to share this with the group: We just posted a short video on a Premier Package installed on a 200, including a video of how far you can recline the rear seats. Check it out!

Gah. I struggle so much with these directions as they are written. This is taking me forever.

I opened the drawers, and I want to install the hardware for the drawer slides in the uprights.

There are two drawers, nine upright sections, and two bags of 4 channel nuts each. The instructions say install one channel nut per upright.

Nowhere in the instructions does it talk about how to install the outside slides (the non locking ones) on the uprights.

I was hoping to finally have this done today, but it's not looking good now. I would appreciate any help.

Gah. I struggle so much with these directions as they are written. This is taking me forever.

I opened the drawers, and I want to install the hardware for the drawer slides in the uprights.

There are two drawers, nine upright sections, and two bags of 4 channel nuts each. The instructions say install one channel nut per upright.

Nowhere in the instructions does it talk about how to install the outside slides (the non locking ones) on the uprights.

I was hoping to finally have this done today, but it's not looking good now. I would appreciate any help.
Give me a call. About to head out with the fam, but happy to help clarify.

Short answer: skip the center uprights. Only need front and rear.

Pm incoming.

Finished my premier platform/single sided drawer install the other day. What a great set up, it ticks off all the boxes I was looking for lightweight, easily removable, high quality & the ability to eventually go one sided with it. I am waiting to install my platform fold out sections until needed. This set up is really nice if you are constantly hauling around something long eg surfboards in my case with one of section of the seats down as it allows useable space underneath the item in the rear. I kept my drivers side open and am using heavy duty plastic storage bins simply because they will be hauling wetsuits & wet items. Anyway, highly recommend!

image0.jpeg

image1.jpeg

image2.jpeg

I finally finished. Between the weather, my work, and some difficulty with the instructions, this took me forever. Had a setback near the end with a bad propnut but got a suitible replacement locally.
0701211343.jpg

0701211344a.jpg

Carpeting is indoor/outdoor from Home Depot and took me a long time to do because I suck at this kind of stuff. But I'm happy with the color for my Black Onyx/Caberet LX.

I still need to vacuum it, and then figure out what mattress to get. Also want screens for the windows. Will need to figure out best spots for Jackery and solar panels. And everything else.

I used to have a huge bin that I kept stuff in like air compressor, OBD tool, car battery lithium jump starter, jumper cables, straps, and the all important towel, etc etc. All of that fit easily in the flip up side compartments.

There is a gap under the folded portion of the sleeper. It doesn't really affect much, but I might need to put something in there.

The folks at ADGU were very helpful in PM, Email, and by phone. And I like the product. Would go much smoother with better instructions. At least for someone like me.

That looks great. I went with the exped megamat Max 15 duo and it fits perfectly on the sleeper platform.

That looks great. I went with the exped megamat Max 15 duo and it fits perfectly on the sleeper platform.
I've seen that mentioned before and the 52" wide is good. After some measurements I could go to 57" at the most.

But the length of it is 5.6 inches longer than the platform at 77.6"

I've seen that mentioned before and the 52" wide is good. After some measurements I could go to 57" at the most.

But the length of it is 5.6 inches longer than the platform at 77.6"
I think that's the one most customers go with. You can have a couple inches hang off the tailgate side and then butt up against the front row seats. There are a few varieties of that Megamat, though, so maybe you're looking at an extra long version. Suffice to say, a pad/mat a little larger than the SS1 surface is normally a good thing. Holds itself in place well when it butts up against the walls/tailgate/seats.

I think that's the one most customers go with. You can have a couple inches hang off the tailgate side and then butt up against the front row seats. There are a few varieties of that Megamat, though, so maybe you're looking at an extra long version. Suffice to say, a pad/mat a little larger than the SS1 surface is normally a good thing. Holds itself in place well when it butts up against the walls/tailgate/seats.
Thanks. Yeah, I ended up ordering it figuring there was plenty of room for it to hang off behind the first row. Ordered today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom