AirDownGearUp SS1: Storage, Sleeper and Drawer System for 200 series (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thank you for the quick reply. Okay, I am not worried about weight then.

Any issues of this in a newer LX VS the LC?

This is the next step in what I want to do, and I want a sleeper. I have a local place that will install ARB, but I still have to worry about the sleeping platform.

So I'm pretty sure I understand how to take my third row out, I just want to make sure your install isn't exceedingly difficult. Is there any drilling or modification to the vehicle required?
No issues on LX vs LC. Either way you need to remove the third row seats and either way you'll attach to the third row seat anchors or the tie down mounts with a special mounting bar we make.

Install is quick. Assembly takes a few hours, mostly just hammering in prop nuts and screwing in hinges. It's very similar to an Ikea assembly. If you can assemble a cheap table or dresser, you can assemble an SS1.

I have a previous post where I discuss at length the ARB/Dobinsons/Ironman style system to ours, but suffice to say, I think we offer a much greater value, even without the sleeper. If you're aiming for a sleep system, it's not even close. :) Full extension, lock in, lock out drawers. Totally flat sleeping area. Hinged wing access both from the rear faces and the upper platform surface. Quick install and removal. The ARB system (and the other imitators like it) are all fine commercial/corporate offerings, but failing lock outs, additional weight and limited drawer access make them a weaker value than our SS1 system. Or so we think, anyways. :)

Last edited:
No issues on LX vs LC. Either way you need to remove the third row seats and either way you'll attach to the third row seat anchors or the tie down mounts with a special mounting bar we make.

Install is quick. Assembly takes a few hours, mostly just hammering in prop nuts and screwing in hinges. It's very similar to an Ikea assembly. If you can assemble a cheap table or dresser, you can assemble an SS1.

I have a previous post where I discuss at length the ARB/Dobinsons/Ironman style system to ours, but suffice to say, I think we offer a much great value, even without the sleeper. If you're aiming for a sleep system, it's not even close. :) Full extension, lock in, lock out drawers. Totally flat sleeping area. Hinged wing access both from the rear faces and the upper platform surface. Quick install and removal. The ARB system (and the other imitators like it) are all fine commercial/corporate offerings, but failing lock outs, additional weight and limited drawer access make them a weaker value than our SS1 system. Or so we think, anyways. :)
Thank you so much. My wife actually loves putting together Ikea furniture, so it's great that you mention it.

I will place an order soon for the whole integrated thing I think. My only hangups were installing myself and the integrated look of the ARB. The back plates you added look to improve the appearance quite a bit.

I have to make room in storage and get the seats out, then I will place the order.

Thank you so much. My wife actually loves putting together Ikea furniture, so it's great that you mention it.

I will place an order soon for the whole integrated thing I think. My only hangups were installing myself and the integrated look of the ARB. The back plates you added look to improve the appearance quite a bit.

We carpeted ours and it looks pretty integrated (even with the lighter grey color).
I have to make room in storage and get the seats out, then I will place the order.
IMG_1757.JPG

Those drawer fronts look awesome.

Last edited:
Just ordered a premiere system for my 200. It basically solved all of the items that were holding me back on a drawer system in the first place such as ease of removal, sleeper capability, lower weight and the ability to single side the design. Also Andy was awesome answering questions & modifying the system to work for my specific needs. Highly recommend!

Something they are discussing for the future. Andy could elaborate better on their plans...I think he mentions that goal several times earlier in this thread.

@calixto “ability to single side the design”!?! More details please.
We're committed to completing that design this year. That will include a retrofit kit to take any existing system down to a 1/2 width system.

There's another big looming update we hope to announce shortly. Nothing product related, but will help us stock and deliver systems even faster than we can now. For now, I'll just say space is a current limitation for the company and we expect that limitation to disappear very shortly... :D

^^^Hell yea! This is exciting news, more flexible the solution the better! 🍻🍻

We're committed to completing that design this year. That will include a retrofit kit to take any existing system down to a 1/2 width system.
Good news on the capacity improvement. Congrats! It is always good to hear when a business's business is outgrowing their space!

A question for any of you with the kit, not specifically Andy: What is the outside-to-outside (left to right) width of the legs? That way, I can do some complicated math and try to come up with the answer that 1/2 the current width is equal to or greater than the 21.75" wide Tembo Tusk Jumbo slide I needed for my National Luna 90 Twin fridge. I think I'm going to need some sort of spacial calculus to make that work, but it doesn't hurt to ask. :🤷:

Thanks!

There's another big looming update we hope to announce shortly. Nothing product related, but will help us stock and deliver systems even faster than we can now. For now, I'll just say space is a current limitation for the company and we expect that limitation to disappear very shortly... :D
Time for a group buy?!

Good news on the capacity improvement. Congrats! It is always good to hear when a business's business is outgrowing their space!

A question for any of you with the kit, not specifically Andy: What is the outside-to-outside (left to right) width of the legs? That way, I can do some complicated math and try to come up with the answer that 1/2 the current width is equal to or greater than the 21.75" wide Tembo Tusk Jumbo slide I needed for my National Luna 90 Twin fridge. I think I'm going to need some sort of spacial calculus to make that work, but it doesn't hurt to ask. :🤷:

Thanks!

The width between legs is 19.5". Without looking at CAD or measuring my system, the outer width of the full system's leg width should be..... 19.5 * 2 + 3 = 42. Maybe that helps?

Mine should be in the shipping phase soon. Much excite!

Mine should be in the shipping phase soon. Much excite!

mine is shipping next week, i'm told
Annoyingly we've got a lot of orders held up by a couple components right now. Supply chains are all over the map lately. We've got some big quantities of the troublesome parts coming in and then we expect to get back to our usual super fast shipping. Thanks for your patience, we're anxious to get your systems out of our shop space and into your hands!

Having removed the driver side second row seats, would the split option accommodate making full use of this space? I thought of buying the full drawer/sleep system and trying to cut the sleeper/hinge ~2/3 and then rigging up some support system under the driver side sleeper but not sure this would work.

Annoyingly we've got a lot of orders held up by a couple components right now. Supply chains are all over the map lately. We've got some big quantities of the troublesome parts coming in and then we expect to get back to our usual super fast shipping. Thanks for your patience, we're anxious to get your systems out of our shop space and into your hands!

No worries, brother. I'm pretty sure I also just got the last steering shaft firewall boot in the nation, too.

tough all over.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom