AirDownGearUp SS1: Storage, Sleeper and Drawer System for 200 series (7 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I blame @suprarx7nut for this…..

By my math it should fit, but I’ll install tomorrow

73476A4D-A9BB-4DB1-A540-4C9ABB40541D.jpeg

Anybody bed lined their platforms yet? Photos? Was thinking of testing Monstaliner vs Raptorliner to see which has a nicer finish. I plan to carry a lot of wet stuff (surfboards) as well as lumber & heavy items on my platform. Will likely sand, primer & spray paint a base coat before adding the same colored bedliner.

Anybody bed lined their platforms yet? Photos? Was thinking of testing Monstaliner vs Raptorliner to see which has a nicer finish. I plan to carry a lot of wet stuff (surfboards) as well as lumber & heavy items on my platform. Will likely sand, primer & spray paint a base coat before adding the same colored bedliner.
No experience with Monstaliner, but I Raptorlined the inside of my ‘95 Wrangler’s hardtop about 10 years ago. I rolled it on and it came out okay - good enough for an old Jeep.

For the 200, I would recommend spending a little more to have the top panels professionally Linexed. The end product will be much more durable and aesthetically pleasing.

Either way, do post some photos. I’m considering a ADGU system and will probably bedline it as well.

Thinking the pieces will likely need to be painted before Linex or bedliner. I would think the wings & leafs may have a hard time closing completely with bedliner in between the hinged seams.

No experience with Monstaliner, but I Raptorlined the inside of my ‘95 Wrangler’s hardtop about 10 years ago. I rolled it on and it came out okay - good enough for an old Jeep.

For the 200, I would recommend spending a little more to have the top panels professionally Linexed. The end product will be much more durable and aesthetically pleasing.

Either way, do post some photos. I’m considering a ADGU system and will probably bedline it as well.

We used to offer Raptor bedlining and it was rugged, but what mess to apply. Agreed professional linex or similar is a good idea to get the best finish possible if you want bedliner.

Thinking the pieces will likely need to be painted before Linex or bedliner. I would think the wings & leafs may have a hard time closing completely with bedliner in between the hinged seams.
No painting needed in our experience. Bedliner between the hinge faces wasn't a huge problem. You can quickly tape off those faces for the application process, or scrap/razor the material off after the fact.

Bedliner is definitely durable, but it's also rough. I recommend most folks consider how much liquid they really plan on. We've sold a lot of these and used them extensively ourselves in all kind of ways. We've never seen or experienced any panel failure or deterioration beyond wear and tear scratches. Baltic Birch is a pretty rugged material and our current systems all have a clear coat on the un-machined faces. I'm sure it's possible to soak it enough to damage it, but you'd have to try pretty hard!

If you look back on previous posts in this thread and on our site, there should still be plenty of bedliner system examples, but let me know if you aren't seeing them and I can dig through my archived photos.

Building on what Andy said: We found this to be absolutely bombproof for the platform itself, but was a very messy and smelly application process. We also found that because it was so bombproof and the textured was a bit rough, you had to be careful with gear, bags, etc, you could wear through them sliding them in and out.

If you do want to pursue this, we put together a 'guide' on how to bedline, including where to mask, etc. Here's a pic of a bedlined platform/sleeper in a 100 for reference.

Lined Sleeper.png

I know it doesn't seem that complicated but it would be awesome to have a how to guide to reference to avoid any problem areas. I eventually plan to LInex mine however I plan to do all the prep for it myself.

I've attached the simple guide we put together. I think one of the more critical parts is to use the textured roller, that made the biggest difference in getting the final coating to look uniform.

A few pro tips:
  • if you are doing this in your garage make sure you start EARLY in the day. We can't stress enough the off-gassing is INTENSE and you'll want to be able to leave that garage door open for as long as possible.
  • Drop cloths are a good idea, the roller will fling material, and you'll have bedliner in all kinds of strange places.
  • Use a disposable paint tray and be prepared for your roller to become disposable as well
  • I would wear a tyvek suit, nitrile gloves and a respirator when I was coating customer systems, again you'll get bedliner everywhere
    • Sub-note, you will be dripping sweat in this setup: don't let it drip onto the platform/bedliner! haha

Attachments

• Bedlining Guide.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 55
Not sure if anyone else has experienced it but I had a squeak in my system that took a little bit to find. Super easy to fix. I have the HE bars on my install & they were squeaking where they contact the platform center bar. I temporarily put a felt pad in between the two while they were still installed and the squeak went completely away. I plan to completely wrap the bar at that contact spot next time I pull they system out of my truck. Any way I just thought I might save someone some time if they were having a similar issue.
1632365566133.png

Not sure if anyone else has experienced it but I had a squeak in my system that took a little bit to find. Super easy to fix. I have the HE bars on my install & they were squeaking where they contact the platform center bar. I temporarily put a felt pad in between the two while they were still installed and the squeak went completely away. I plan to completely wrap the bar at that contact spot next time I pull they system out of my truck. Any way I just thought I might save someone some time if they were having a similar issue.
View attachment 2793562

Good fix! We realized this could become a point for movement, squeaks, etc, and have added a feature to bolt that extrusion to the anchor bar. I don't have an exact pic, but in this pic (of a single-sided 100series setup) you can see the added bracket. We had to add some holes to the anchor bar, but it wouldn't be impossible to add this with some work to existing systems.

Dual Anchor Bar showing bracket .jpg

It's funny how such a small thing can squeak so loud. I think foam padding will be a great fix once I remove my system next time. If not plan B.

It's funny how such a small thing can squeak so loud. I think foam padding will be a great fix once I remove my system next time. If not plan B.
Squeaks are absolutely infuriating, distracts me the entire time if I hear something squeaking in the car!

keep us in the loop, if the foam padding isn't working out let us know, we'll work with you to get something arranged!

892979E5-7387-4281-B407-49B049626C63.jpeg

Andy from ADGU worked with me to build this full system that can also be a converted to a half system. I also had them add some L-Track as well.
- Amazingly flexible setup and the drawers hold a ton of stuff. They come all the way out and lock which is nice when trying to access things in the back. Easy to remove one or both drawers if needing to haul other things.
- Packaging was great.
- Instructions were good overall and when I reached out for verification on a few steps almost instant response. Allow plenty of time to build and install but I didn’t find it difficult.
- L-Track makes it so easy to find a mounting spot.
- Has the sleeper setup but cut in half so running just the drivers side at the moment (not installed yet in photo). Was able to put a Gazelle Gazebo pop up shelter on the platform and sleeper and close the tailgate.
- Not cheap but checks so many boxes other systems can’t for my needs.

Awesome! Our plan is to make a shelf/bracket for that along with a trim plate, perhaps with some outlets in the face above the fridge.
I have that same fridge, currently installed in my 62. Great fridge for the money, and the cargo space saving attribute is awesome. Looking forward to seeing the results here. Every bit of "extra" space can be used for something!

View attachment 2797794
Andy from ADGU worked with me to build this full system that can also be a converted to a half system. I also had them add some L-Track as well.
- Amazingly flexible setup and the drawers hold a ton of stuff. They come all the way out and lock which is nice when trying to access things in the back. Easy to remove one or both drawers if needing to haul other things.
- Packaging was great.
- Instructions were good overall and when I reached out for verification on a few steps almost instant response. Allow plenty of time to build and install but I didn’t find it difficult.
- L-Track makes it so easy to find a mounting spot.
- Has the sleeper setup but cut in half so running just the drivers side at the moment (not installed yet in photo). Was able to put a Gazelle Gazebo pop up shelter on the platform and sleeper and close the tailgate.
- Not cheap but checks so many boxes other systems can’t for my needs.
That’s a clean install. Thanks for sharing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom