AirDownGearUp SS1: Storage, Sleeper and Drawer System for 200 series (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Having removed the driver side second row seats, would the split option accommodate making full use of this space? I thought of buying the full drawer/sleep system and trying to cut the sleeper/hinge ~2/3 and then rigging up some support system under the driver side sleeper but not sure this would work.
I'm not sure I understand exactly what you're asking, but it's definitely possible to cut down the sleeper and create a little support structure to replace the support that the 2nd row seats backs would have provided.

I just got my third row out and it went far quicker and easier than I thought it would. I am so pleased.

Does the SS1 install over the carpet and underlying foam? (not the cargo mat) I would hate to lose that insulation.

Thanks.

Never mind. I just saw the pics. Order placed. Very excited.

De evil prince? Werkin' in a gov'mint lab somewhere underneath Virginia? I did not expect that the Mammy Nun would grace these forum walls directly, and yet, I'm here for it.

De evil prince? Werkin' in a gov'mint lab somewhere underneath Virginia? I did not expect that the Mammy Nun would grace these forum walls directly, and yet, I'm here for it.
That's right. We's about to see what gwine on in his magikal conjurance up of his little cauldrom of doom! Now check it on out now

That's right. We's about to see what gwine on in his magikal conjurance up of his little cauldrom of doom! Now check it on out now
[whispered] Harry? What the f#%k is going on here!?

Got everything installed. Happy with the look and operation.
rearLC.jpg
frontlc.jpg

Just got through the thread, these drawers look awesome! I have a couple of questions on the dimension for ADGU guys or anyone that has the drawers:

(All of this would apply to the non-sleeper version of the platform)

1) What is the actual gap between 2nd row seats and the end of the platform?

2) Do you still retain full recline and slide of the 2nd row?

I’m wondering about the ability to have water storage or hide some electrical components like some do with the ARB drawers.

Thanks!

Just got through the thread, these drawers look awesome! I have a couple of questions on the dimension for ADGU guys or anyone that has the drawers:

I’m wondering about the ability to have water storage or hide some electrical components like some do with the ARB drawers.

Thanks!
I'm hoping a customer can chime in and provide specifics, but here's my take.

1. Around 3-3.5 inches. I measured on the last 200 we had installed in the shop. See photo below. That's from the default upright recline.

2. Full recline: no. Those seats recline a long ways. I don't think any storage system allows full recline unless it's really short and has a large gap of unused space. Slide: I had no idea the second also slides! So... I'm not sure.

You can absolutely fit water or electrical between the seats and drawers. Our system does not have a closed back wall. That means you've got access to the aft-drawer space.

We can also make a custom short drawer that leaves as much space behind the drawer box as you need. Or you could go with a single drawer and then accessory/flex space on the other side.

Feel free to send us more details via email if you'd like to work up a build plan and see how it might fit into the SS1. info@airdowngearup.com

-Andy

Thanks!

Here is a picture showing how far back you can recline the 2nd row with the system installed. It's not the full recline, but it's certainly enough to get comfortable.
Reclined 2nd Row .JPG

Kyle and Andy, thanks for the feedback. That's pretty much exactly what I was looking for. I'll reach out via email as I get closer to figuring out what I want. Right now I'm still very much in the research and brainstorming phase.

Kyle, whats the floor protector you have installed under your drawers? I have a Weather Tech cargo liner but it may be overkill & not sure of the drawer clearance with the liner lip...tbd. Eventually will go to only one drawer & I live at the beach so would be nice to have something to keep the sand out still.

Big news everyone, we now have an actual shop! We moved into this space last month and have been able to get everything set up and ready for action!

With the new shop, we are offering full installation services. Save yourself the time of building your own and come by the shop for an install. We have had the great fortune of working with a few customers on installs already. Installation service is about the same cost as shipping, so for a similar amount of money you save the time of assembly. With a system pre-built, we can have it installed quickly making it possible for the shop to become a jumping-off point for your next CO mountain adventure!

We are also going to be able to drastically reduce lead times with the extra inventory storage. the goal for 2021 is to get systems stocked so we can ship/install same day. It's a lofty goal for sure but that's the target.

We'd love to get a system installed for you, come check us out! We are located about 20 mins East of Boulder Colorado, 20 mins North of Denver:

3540 Hwy 52 Suite H8
Frederick CO 80516

20210524_164759.jpg

PXL_20210525_032304117.jpg

20210601_131128.jpg

20210528_091954.jpg

So, I got my kit, but its clear I am a moron. Can someone who has installed recently help me out? The instructions seem a little unclear. All I have basically done so far is get all the prop nuts in and then all 136 screws for the hinges. I am now on Step 6 in the instructions that were sent. It reads:

6. Flip panels so the UNDERSIDE is facing up (recessed features on the ground) and Install d-ring tie anchor (bag M) into their 1/4"-20 propnuts (near the trim piece only, other tie anchors installed in step 7)

Okay fine, I found bag M which has 6 d-rings and 6 anchors. I flipped it over and found the right spots. What this direction doesn't say is what screws I should be using to install these two on the underside. The next step shows installing the other four on the top side along with the tie down holders (bag P) and it says to use the bolts from bag Q (qty 4) and nuts from bag R (which doesn't exist, but the nuts appear to be in bag Q with the bolts). There seem to be only enough bolts in there for the four top side, yes? (though the anchors have two holes). Actually now looking at step 7, it doesn't make a lot of sense to me because I am not very smart, but one step at a time I guess.

So what am I supposed to use to attach the two on the underside at the rear??

So, I got my kit, but its clear I am a moron. Can someone who has installed recently help me out? The instructions seem a little unclear. All I have basically done so far is get all the prop nuts in and then all 136 screws for the hinges. I am now on Step 6 in the instructions that were sent. It reads:

6. Flip panels so the UNDERSIDE is facing up (recessed features on the ground) and Install d-ring tie anchor (bag M) into their 1/4"-20 propnuts (near the trim piece only, other tie anchors installed in step 7)

Okay fine, I found bag M which has 6 d-rings and 6 anchors. I flipped it over and found the right spots. What this direction doesn't say is what screws I should be using to install these two on the underside. The next step shows installing the other four on the top side along with the tie down holders (bag P) and it says to use the bolts from bag Q (qty 4) and nuts from bag R (which doesn't exist, but the nuts appear to be in bag Q with the bolts). There seem to be only enough bolts in there for the four top side, yes? (though the anchors have two holes). Actually now looking at step 7, it doesn't make a lot of sense to me because I am not very smart, but one step at a time I guess.

So what am I supposed to use to attach the two on the underside at the rear??
Excellent catch! We are missing this callout on the instructions! For step 6 you'll be using Bag G to install the d-rings. We'll get this added!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom