AirDownGearUp SS1: Storage, Sleeper and Drawer System for 200 series (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hi Everyone,
Wanted to share a picture of a very impressive system that was recently installed in a 2020 Landcruiser Heritage Build. This is a dual drawer sleeper system that the customer had leather upholstered. We are really blown away by how nice this turned out! Combined with the black beauty panels this really looks great. The customer also changed the standard d-ring cargo tie down for something that fit their specific needs better.
open (1).jpg

and I was going to post a pic of how I installed some speaker fabric to match my darker interior........... Just amazing. Going back to the drawing board.....

Hi Everyone,
Wanted to share a picture of a very impressive system that was recently installed in a 2020 Landcruiser Heritage Build. This is a dual drawer sleeper system that the customer had leather upholstered. We are really blown away by how nice this turned out! Combined with the black beauty panels this really looks great. The customer also changed the standard d-ring cargo tie down for something that fit their specific needs better. View attachment 2456899
That looks awesome.

Looks great for his use. I would look for something more durable for my build. Leather and dog claws or camping gear don't get along well. It wouldn't be worth the extra money for me. I think Trekboxx has it figured out with Line-X coating. Can always throw a mat or carpet over it if sliding is an issue. Leather is nice for the bling factor, but not my style. If only I could justify the Trekboxx purchase...

This one is mine. I love how readily the Air Down Gear Up Platform can be adapted to different styles and needs. I chose leather for the top and carpet for the drawers, but could have just gone with carpet or something else for the platform if I wanted.

The leather does need protection from rougher cargo items, so I've got a couple of custom-cut rubber mats from Uline on the way for that.

These look like a great product. For my needs, I require a divider between the passenger and trunk compartment. Basically wanting to put two dogs in back, and keep them from jumping up front, but still have gear storage underneath. Is there a built-in solution that can add such a divider? Also, @BloggerL what side window grills are those covering the back windows?

These look like a great product. For my needs, I require a divider between the passenger and trunk compartment. Basically wanting to put two dogs in back, and keep them from jumping up front, but still have gear storage underneath. Is there a built-in solution that can add such a divider? Also, @BloggerL what side window grills are those covering the back windows?
I think a Raingler net or similar would do exactly what you need. Those mount right behind the second row and should do what you need. I'm unsure where the intended mounting point is, but you could always use the SS1 cargo tie downs in the default locations are somehow non-ideal with the SS1 installed.

I think a Raingler net or similar would do exactly what you need. Those mount right behind the second row and should do what you need. I'm unsure where the intended mounting point is, but you could always use the SS1 cargo tie downs in the default locations are somehow non-ideal with the SS1 installed.
I like the cargo net idea but anything that gives my dogs’ teeth access to that plush land cruiser seat leather and foam is a no. I need something that would thwart Hannibal Lecter.

It's the Rago molle panel. But they are technically discontinued, and I may have got the last ones--not sure.

One of the more difficult points to make online about the SS1 drawer system is just how smooth the action of the drawers is. Pictures don't quite get the message across, so I put this video together. My wife and I recently welcomed these new product testers into the world, and they approve!

One of the more difficult points to make online about the SS1 drawer system is just how smooth the action of the drawers is. Pictures don't quite get the message across, so I put this video together. My wife and I recently welcomed these new product testers into the world, and they approve!

That's funny! Congrats on the new members!

Got my slide out table and installed it today. Disappointing; less than 1 beer job. what am I going to do now? I'll post some pics. works great and install was a tad too easy.....
9915517B-F093-4E36-ABCC-4AFF3BAF9287.jpeg
066A462C-ADB5-4D5A-BED9-E300B34DFBFC.jpeg
2AF34C3B-E09C-44CA-8315-E8DC7F68898C.jpeg
9E8FF431-B828-4AA0-8E99-30FEF18F5F2A.jpeg

Last edited:
Congrats and welcome to the twins dad club!

I have a couple questions.

1. Can the folding portion of the sleeping platform be easily removed, leaving the drawers only?

2. Is there enough room on the side of drawers to leave the third row seats installed?

Congrats and welcome to the twins dad club!

I have a couple questions.

1. Can the folding portion of the sleeping platform be easily removed, leaving the drawers only?

2. Is there enough room on the side of drawers to leave the third row seats installed?

1. Yes. You just need to remove the hinge that attaches to the main platform. It takes ~5 minutes by hand with an allen key or about 90 seconds with a drill bit (5/64 hex bit).

2. No, the third row must come out.

Perfect - thank you!

1. Yes. You just need to remove the hinge that attaches to the main platform. It takes ~5 minutes by hand with an allen key or about 90 seconds with a drill bit (5/64 hex bit).

2. No, the third row must come out.

Got my slide out table and installed it today. Disappointing; less than 1 beer job. what am I going to do now? I'll post some pics. works great and install was a tad too easy.....

Depends on the 1 beer you're drinking :rofl:

1607373582680.png

Quick question on this solution: Are you able to install just one half? I realize the sleeper panel is one piece of wood but was curious if that could be modified using two hinges instead of one and cutting the board in half. I'm thinking that I might just need one side to sleep on and keep the fridge or other gear on the other side.

Quick question on this solution: Are you able to install just one half? I realize the sleeper panel is one piece of wood but was curious if that could be modified using two hinges instead of one and cutting the board in half. I'm thinking that I might just need one side to sleep on and keep the fridge or other gear on the other side.
The sleeper can definitely be cut lengthwise to leave one side open. The main platform could also be split, but you'd need to anchor the system with a cross bar of your own fabrication. This is something we're in process of developing, but it's not likely to complete until at least mid-2021 due to other projects of higher priority.

We're getting an in-house CNC shortly. That'll allow a lot of development work that's been hanging in limbo to complete quickly.... or so we hope. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom