Adventures of the Brown Beast '84 FJ60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello fellow mudders, wanted to start a little build thread after being a long time lurker on here researching and hunting down my FJ60.

After hunting for almost a year, many miles travelled and and clist ads viewed, I purchased a 1984 Copper brown metallic Land cruiser in PDX. It is originally a california car with little to no rust and super clean interior. The Previous owner was building it for an adventure mobile and basically doing what I wanted to do, Old man EMU, Over sized All Terrains etc.... as well as a thorough inspection and tune up
All the work was performed by landcruiser specialties. So minus a little bit of rough paint it is exactly what I wanted. So far though I have replace the clutch master cylinder and most recently new fuel pump.

Picking er up in Vancouver

Driving Home

Last edited:
Although the interior in my opinion was super clean, there was the back seat and cargo area.....

I replaced the rear carpet with a fresh pad and cruiser corps mat, I repainted the trim and tried to match the 30 year old carpet as best I could.

I didnt have the tailgate carpet but did have the cardboard back piece, so with the left over carpet i had an upholstery shop do one up for me, looks pretty sweet with the old loop style.

Next on my list was the lighting, I like good lighting on all my cars so I had to kill the old sealed beams. I poked around and saw pros and cons of LED's, with that technology being so good now and power issues with these cars I chose that route over like IPF H4's, I also think in the end these are cheaper and better light out. They are the JW speaker Replicas. I also replace all running and interior with LED's. I still need to swap the reverse.

I love the half halos and always get double takes from the jeep guys.

Last edited:
Next up I decided to tint the windows for security and personal preference.

Our crew at my buddy's shop having a work day.

I had just the stock muffler and after a couple months driving around in silence I had to upgrade it, I went with a magna flow muffler and removed the cat with a Man A Fre delete pipe which I was very happy with.

listen, let me know what ya think

Any issues with the LED headlights?

Welcome! Good to see another Seattle cruiser! Rig is looking good.

Nice truck, I am surprised you came to canada and left with a gasser?

I think he meant Vancouver, WA. The lesser known Vancouver....

Next on my list was the lighting, I like good lighting on all my cars so I had to kill the old sealed beams. I poked around and saw pros and cons of LED's, with that technology being so good now and power issues with these cars I chose that route over like IPF H4's, I also think in the end these are cheaper and better light out. They are the JL Audio Replicas. I also replace all running and interior with LED's. I still need to swap the reverse.

I love the half halos and always get double takes from the jeep guys.

So was is the power required for theLED light and got any picture the beam patterns at night??? Thanks Jason

Interesting... wondering what it is like to oncoming traffic. One thing I hate about most new SUVs having HID/LED lights for night driving is the pattern and spread hits you in the eyes directly. Have seen in this in multiple cars.

It's aimed low, since I'm lifted. most that do either are aimed improperly or are not projectors, ghetto rig HID, I've never been flashed.

Great looking 60

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom