Adjustable Panhard Rod Help (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey Folks,

I purchased an adjustable front and rear panhard rod to try and shift my axles back to center. I'm running a 3inch suspension and adjusted the panhard rods about 1/4 inch longer than stock (was the recommended length). The axles are still about a 1/2inch further to right. Do I just need to extend the panhards a bit more? Or am I missing something else here?

Thanks,

Hey Folks,

I purchased an adjustable front and rear panhard rod to try and shift my axles back to center. I'm running a 3inch suspension and adjusted the panhard rods about 1/4 inch longer than stock (was the recommended length). The axles are still about a 1/2inch further to right. Do I just need to extend the panhards a bit more? Or am I missing something else here?

Thanks,
I would question your measuring and whether the vehicle is level with the axle. 3" of suspension lift is barely anything

Visually it's not centered. Tires are wider than fenders and the right side is out further by 1/2 inch. I measured frame to steering knuckles to confirm.

I'll keep adjusting them. Just wanted to make sure wasn't anything additional I was missing.

It will look pretty in your driveway all centered up, but when you wheel it/cycle the suspension fully it will be WAY off center. Look at the rub marks in your fenders to figure out which way/how much to adjust the panhard

I ended up measuring the original length, and then added 1/4 inch to the panhard rod.

End of the day, after I got all the other stuff replaced I had someone else do an alignment. I know they made adjustments to the panhard rod, so I'm not sure what it ended up with.

I've sold it since or I'd check for you.

Are BOTH axles to the right or is the rear to the LEFT and the front is to the RIGHT or Vice-versa?

I ended up measuring the original length, and then added 1/4 inch to the panhard rod.

End of the day, after I got all the other stuff replaced I had someone else do an alignment. I know they made adjustments to the panhard rod, so I'm not sure what it ended up with.

I've sold it since or I'd check for you.

You sold the panhard, the tape measure, or the whole dang
rig?? :confused:

Thanks @Smaddox I was trying to see what the general consensus is with a 3 inch lift because im just extending it with a sleeve permanently and wont be having the privilege to adjust it.

Hey Folks,

Thanks,
Hi,

I used a ratchet strap to pull the body into position with the pan hard removed. Then put a straight edge up the ground against each tire and measured to the same point on the body on both sides until perfectly equal. Then set the pan hard length to fit and installed. Then took off diagonal ratchet strap. The panhard I used is not adjustable like the control arms when installed. Has to be free from one end to shorten or lengthen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom