Added power rear vent windows in my GX470. First world problem solved! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I am gathering parts to convert mine and am currently looking at switch options

Has anyone tried using one of these switches? I would prefer to have one switch for both windows and have one spot left in my SBE +2 mirror switch plate.

I have the rear window motors from a Land Cruiser if anyone is interested. Should be what you need to attaché to the side windows. One of them is missing a plastic piece and not sure how easy that piece would be to track down. I can send pics to anyone interested.

Has anyone tried using one of these switches? I would prefer to have one switch for both windows and have one spot left in my SBE +2 mirror switch plate.

From my experience the Sienna switches need lots of trimming to work. But they do work. I also went with one switch for both sides at once. See my earlier posts.

From my experience the Sienna switches need lots of trimming to work. But they do work. I also went with one switch for both sides at once. See my earlier posts.
I really like the switch you used and might go that route if I don’t find another option that doesn’t involve cutting the new panel

I used the Land Cruiser switch without any problems. I used a single switch to run both windows at once. The switch is where the auxiliary input was in the center console, next to the heated seat switches.

I used the Land Cruiser switch without any problems. I used a single switch to run both windows at once. The switch is where the auxiliary input was in the center console, next to the heated seat switches.
Do you have any pics? How did you wire it up I have everything ready to get this done. Thanks!

Reactions: Nic
I bought this switch but haven’t searched out the wiring diagram yet. I really need to just start working on the install but family has been keeping me busy

9A913D9E-805C-4B4A-A305-9F84B08809B3.jpeg

CE54100A-EC1E-438E-A104-B4A188839981.jpeg

Reactions: Nic
So if I use the Land Cruiser switch with the two motors....I just need to run 2 wires off the switch to the rear where I would have 2 relays hooked to the motors?

So if I use the Land Cruiser switch with the two motors....I just need to run 2 wires off the switch to the rear where I would have 2 relays hooked to the motors?

I don't have my exact diagram handy, but the concept is basically this: Door Locks - Actuators / Reverse Polarity - Negative Switch/Trigger (Type D) (b) Relay Wiring Diagram

reverse_polarity_act_neg.gif

First, I cut the original connectors on the actuators and added my own 2-pin connector:
IMG_20190406_144408.jpg

Then, I wired together the relays like the diagram above with an 8-pin connector:
IMG_20190406_144521.jpg

I drilled two holes in the rear pillar behind the trim near the jack storage, and added some nutserts to create a solid mounting point for the relays:
IMG_20190406_170439.jpg

Not pictured is the 8-pin connector and harness that is routed up to the center console where I placed the LX470 switch instead of the stereo Aux input.

Here's an old video I found that shows the switch in action on the workbench:

I don't have my exact diagram handy, but the concept is basically this: Door Locks - Actuators / Reverse Polarity - Negative Switch/Trigger (Type D) (b) Relay Wiring Diagram

reverse_polarity_act_neg.gif

First, I cut the original connectors on the actuators and added my own 2-pin connector:
View attachment 2259336

Then, I wired together the relays like the diagram above with an 8-pin connector:
View attachment 2259337

I drilled two holes in the rear pillar behind the trim near the jack storage, and added some nutserts to create a solid mounting point for the relays:
View attachment 2259340

Not pictured is the 8-pin connector and harness that is routed up to the center console where I placed the LX470 switch instead of the stereo Aux input.

Here's an old video I found that shows the switch in action on the workbench:

Very clean! Where would I find the 2pin and 8 pin connector?

Very clean! Where would I find the 2pin and 8 pin connector?

Amazon. Search for "automotive molex" or "weather pack 8 pin" will get you on the right path. I crimped my own connectors, but if you don't want to buy a crimper and deal with that hassle, there are some connectors with pigtails already attached (e.g. Amazon product ASIN B07FTG8GNF)

Thanks. I might wire up the relays tomorrow and post a pic to make sure I have those correct. I need to find motors, but I at least want to run the wires etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom