AC system working but no cold air in cabin (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Great, Kite.
I think you're on the right track. One further word of advice: there are marketing companies that promote products that are supposed to seal leaks in ac systems. I strongly advise you to stay away from these. When, not if, they fail they leave a condition known as "black death" in the ac system. It is very difficult to clean and remove and usually leads to complete system replacement. THE method of ac repair is diagnosis and repair or replacement of faulty component(s).
You probably knew all this, but I didn't want to see you in trouble.
Good luck,
Dave

Great, Kite.
I think you're on the right track. One further word of advice: there are marketing companies that promote products that are supposed to seal leaks in ac systems. I strongly advise you to stay away from these. When, not if, they fail they leave a condition known as "black death" in the ac system. It is very difficult to clean and remove and usually leads to complete system replacement. THE method of ac repair is diagnosis and repair or replacement of faulty component(s).
You probably knew all this, but I didn't want to see you in trouble.
Good luck,
Dave
Thanks for the advice. I ran across it in other threads on this board as well and do not intend to use any of the seal products.

No static pressure on both the high side and the low side with my new manifold gauges. Presumably a leak. Also, ran the system diagnostics and received code 21 and code 23. Also the "forward air blower indicator" was blinking on the screen (I am not sure what that means).

No static pressure on both the high side and the low side with my new manifold gauges. Presumably a leak. Also, ran the system diagnostics and received code 21 and code 23. Also the "forward air blower indicator" was blinking on the screen (I am not sure what that means).

Can't help you with the codes....but obviously NO static pressure (it would be roughly equal both high and low side) indicates NO refrigerant in the system as you alluded to.

So yes, a leak (or leaks).

If you intend to chase down the leak(s) yourself you can do so in a number of ways....depending upon the equipment you have (or are willing to purchase).

Some of the more common places to start are the condenser itself and any lines to the rear air (if so equipped).

You've made an important first step (acquired the necessary equipment to diagnose), so good job there.

One again, leak was the odds on favorite for your problem. You can often spot the leaking site by looking for oil. Refrigerant and oil usually leak out together. Common sites are compressor, rear ac lines near muffler, possible condenser, hose connections and service ports. A pro would probably evacuate system, charge it, then use an electronic leak detector, if nothing was obvious.
Good luc, and would start now with a good visual inspection, looking for ac oil.
Dave

One again, leak was the odds on favorite for your problem. You can often spot the leaking site by looking for oil. Refrigerant and oil usually leak out together. Common sites are compressor, rear ac lines near muffler, possible condenser, hose connections and service ports. A pro would probably evacuate system, charge it, then use an electronic leak detector, if nothing was obvious.
Good luc, and would start now with a good visual inspection, looking for ac oil.
Dave
Been under the hood tinkering with some other items and led me to noticing my evap fan never turns on . I assume not much I can do without testing pressure.

AC compressor is engaging and cold air blows on max cold but hot on anything other than max cold .

Doesnt help trying to diagnose when it's cold outside. Probably dive back into this in spring time but anyone else experience AC only work on max cold ? Cable under dash is hooked up and compressor appears to be working .

Been under the hood tinkering with some other items and led me to noticing my evap fan never turns on . I assume not much I can do without testing pressure.

AC compressor is engaging and cold air blows on max cold but hot on anything other than max cold .

Doesnt help trying to diagnose when it's cold outside. Probably dive back into this in spring time but anyone else experience AC only work on max cold ? Cable under dash is hooked up and compressor appears to be working .
If HVAC works but only on max setting. Like sensor hose is off"

If heat not blowing hot at any time. You may be low or coolant. Check under radiator cap after 8 hour cool down. Best if front of vehicle higher than rear, so air collects in top of radiator.

Coolant and hot air check out.

I checked the connections under the panel and they are snug. I didn't realize you could clean it, maybe I should give it a go.

Wouldn't this sensor only relate to when the climate control is set to auto rather than me adjusting temp with no results ?

Coolant and hot air check out.

I checked the connections under the panel and they are snug. I didn't realize you could clean it, maybe I should give it a go.

Wouldn't this sensor only relate to when the climate control is set to auto rather than me adjusting temp with no results ?
Not sure. It was few years and may issue I've worked since I did that one above. But that hose falls off very often, when dash pulled apart. It's why I pull housing out of dash, attach hose and wire to housing. Than I assembly snapping in housing to dash last. As my threads pictures shows.

Assume you AC is working properly (pressure, charge to spec, compressor and temp get down to around 45F in high measured at vent). From there I'd look at if doors in vent working properly. Also that air flow is not restricted at blower fan into core.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom