98 - 2000 100 owners - Is your Transmission Original or Replaced? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

2001 here --64,000 miles --New tranny put in about 6 weeks ago--Ext warranty expired 3 weeks later !! Yikes !!
:eek:

2000 ~157K miles. Transmission went out a couple of days ago. About 100k were my miles. It has been up and down the mountains between Phoenix and Flagstaff quite a bit, pulled a ski boat a dozen times and mild off road driving.

I had not noticed anything transmission related before that. It just sounded bad (a little more geary?). I tried to limp slowly to a safe place to park and by the time I got there it was pretty much dead- spinning loose while in gear.

More details when I get it fixed...

>> Update, now at 189k with the new transmission hoping for at least another 150k.

Last edited:
blast from the past...

i have a '99 with almost 170,000 miles on it, original transmission.

starting about a week ago, my transmission has been acting up. if i take off from a stop (like turning out of my neighborhood) and speed up to (for example) 4,000 RPM and let it downshift, itll shift down to about ~3.2k RPMS, clunk, then shift to ~2.8k RPMS. i dont know if the shifting to the 2 different levels of RPMs is normal, as i never really paid attention to how it shifted 'til it started clunking. and it mostly only clunks when i take off somewhat quick; if i go slow its fine most of the time (*most of the time*). this doesnt sound like the problem solved by greasing the driveshaft as that seems to deal with downshifting while slowing down, and my problem is during acceleration.

any thoughts?

Oy... 1999 w/ 126000+, original tranny, changed the fluids at 60k service, no problems for this grocery getter...;)

2000 LC

107,000 miles no oil change and origional transmission.

Have noted some noise when I apply the break or take off, not sure if its the driveline unwrapping, rear end gearing or tranny. Seems to make the noise also at high speeds when I take my foot off the gas when cruising and when I apply a little gas again the clunk comes back for a second then is fine. :confused::confused:

99 143k original

98 with 87K, still on original transmission. Still under warr. until 103K in the event it does go.

'99 with 96K, original transmission, no known issues.

98 with 155k... no issues

2000 w/ 185,000 miles. Trans failed and replaced with reconditioned unit at 96,000 under extended warranty. D&F every 30K. Zero issues {knock on wood}.

2000 with 119000 miles.

tranny

'98 145k miles - normal driving ..changed fluid at 96k and no issues...can't figure out the clunk coming off a dead stop ... sounds like it comes from the passengers side rear...

Lube your propellar shafts and ujoints. Don't go crazy though. I bet your clunk disappears.

00 with 138K miles - no problems... will do a flush during next oil change at 140K. PO performed flush at 105K.

2000 - Original transmission & fluid, 101K on the clock, Highway miles & stock cruiser, No issues.

1998 with 90k, tranny flush at 85k, 2nd owner, orig trans. it sometimes downshifts hard into 1st gear when coming to a stop, (no grind noises, just an abrupt shift). not sure if it's a problem or not...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom