98 - 2000 100 owners - Is your Transmission Original or Replaced? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

2000 LC

Torque converter failed at 98K. $3k rebuild and 11K miles later, it failed again. In the shop now. Purchased with 68K, not sure of PO maintenance, fluid was changed at 90K.

The data needs to be correlated and organized -

Does anyone know what the exact year and month that Toyota got the "substandard" parts for their transmissions and how long those parts were used in the transmissions before they fixed it? That is really the big question.

Does anyone know what the exact year and month that Toyota got the "substandard" parts for their transmissions and how long those parts were used in the transmissions before they fixed it? That is really the big question.

Agreed - Good luck.

I heard they sorted it out from May 2001 onwards (manufacture date) but I don't know where that came from.

2000lc with 142,000 original trans. bought at 120k and changed the trans filter and fluid every 10k (just the fuild in the pan). i use royal purple every time

'98 TLC - 185k, original trans - shifts really smooth and works great
Do quite a bit of towing with it, I do a fluid exchange every fall (about 35k miles per year total mileage since I've owned it).

99 with 180K on original tranny; serviced every 30Kmiles.

Exactly. I've been searching and still can't find ANYTHING definitive about VIN numbers and production dates that are affected. Seems like everyone has an opinion, but few facts.

'98 with 55K miles, no tranny problems and no maintenance performed per PO. Just bought it and I'm having the fluid changed.

2000, built Feb 00, 126k, original tranny, drain/fill every 10k w/ toyota ATF. my only concern is that there is a wineing noise for about 30 sec while moving during cold weather. anyone had this problem before?

2000 lc; bought used at 50,000 miles, and the torque converter blew around 65,000. For a few days before, the transmission was very load when in overdrive. Cost about $3500 to replace but it was covered under the toyota certified used car warranty program

I now have 170,000 miles and I've never changed the transmission fluid.

2000 lc; bought used at 50,000 miles, and the torque converter blew around 65,000. For a few days before, the transmission was very load when in overdrive. Cost about $3500 to replace but it was covered under the toyota certified used car warranty program

I now have 170,000 miles and I've never changed the transmission fluid.

What month was yours manufactured?

My LC has 134K on the original tranny. Build date of 10/99.

2000 Production Date 11/01/99 151,000 miles original trans. Crossing fingers......

'98 with 178,000 miles and original trans. A guy at work gave me a set of '98 FSMs, I asked him why, he told me that a shop did a maintainance tranny flush, and his cruiser tranny messed up after that so he traded it in for a BMW. So I learned from his mistake all I did was to drain the tranny oil and refill and tried to that once in a while.

Yeah I am the orignal owner.

I'm trying to revive this thread. Looking to buy a 2000 LC with 96k. Could people post when their cruisers were made (Month and Year).

The one I'm looking at was built in Aug 1999.

I read in a previous post that the faulty transmissions might have been pre or post aug 2000.

IIRC, mine was built around may of 2000. Around 137k, and everything seems fine. Knock on wood.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom