Builds 94 FZJ80 - Let the Adventure Ensue (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I did 20 years and 1 day.

9/30/99 - 9/30/19
But I went on terminal 7/25
My plan was to do 20 minimum when I went in 5/86 but plans changed and I got out on a roll back 1/4/90 and started at United 3/90. Looking back, I really wish I had stayed in the war for the retirement benefits but mostly I feel like I failed to carry out an intention that was decided when I was boy. I’m proud of you who stuck it out.
@FMC80

My plan was to do 20 minimum when I went in 5/86 but plans changed and I got out on a roll back 1/4/90 and started at United 3/90. Looking back, I really wish I had stayed in the war for the retirement benefits but mostly I feel like I failed to carry out an intention that was decided when I was boy. I’m proud of you who stuck it out.
@FMC80

When I joined I had no idea what my intentions were, and then after a couple reenlistments I realized I was in it 13 years and should probably stay in until at least 20. When I hit 18 and a half the Navy decided to move me across the country and my family stayed so I decided that was the point to get out, I wish I'd stayed now because my wife left me and I would rather stayed in than come home to that

Thank you all for your service !!!

Big news today: approved for retirement 1 Nov 2022. Not too bad, I’ll start my terminal soon and stop work altogether in July-ish and leave Hawaii in Aug. Time flies!

How much terminal are you taking?
Well since the USAF told me so ****ing late into the game, I’m going to lose a bunch of leave. I have about 138 days or so but I’ll only be able to take approx 80-90 terminal. I’ll sell back the remaining and take the hit on taxes and BAH/BAS.

Congratulations on your retirement !!!

Big news today: approved for retirement 1 Nov 2022. Not too bad, I’ll start my terminal soon and stop work altogether in July-ish and leave Hawaii in Aug. Time flies!
Look out! When Pell gets to the farm he’s gonna go on a cruiser buying spree—no oceans to stop him from checking them out! :flipoff2:

Do you mean you are short? You are getting small? Stop by WA on your way to wherever your farm is. I forgot….

Thanks for the good vibes guys. We are excited. After all this waiting, it's like holy ****ing s*** we have a lot to do in a short amount of time. Typical military though.

I'm trying to lock in as many details as possible in a compressed timeline and get my fam out of here. Since we will be taking three dogs on a plane in the middle of August, we will likely fly them into Steve and Greg, and Matt and like 90% of the cruiser heads backyards due to the more temperate climate. Hopefully, we have no issues from there to the SE.

Also, here's some tech--I'm not doing 8,000 miles intervals. Sounds crazy. My most recent Blackstone Report:
Screen Shot 2022-06-14 at 3.05.25 PM.png

Thanks for the good vibes guys. We are excited. After all this waiting, it's like holy f***ing s*** we have a lot to do in a short amount of time. Typical military though.

I'm trying to lock in as many details as possible in a compressed timeline and get my fam out of here. Since we will be taking three dogs on a plane in the middle of August, we will likely fly them into Steve and Greg, and Matt and like 90% of the cruiser heads backyards due to the more temperate climate. Hopefully, we have no issues from there to the SE.

Also, here's some tech--I'm not doing 8,000 miles intervals. Sounds crazy. My most recent Blackstone Report:
View attachment 3034350
8k isn't bad. I've gone 10k on some newer rigs. I wouldn't do it on anything that sits for periods. But a good dd, it wouldn't bother me.

8k isn't bad. I've gone 10k on some newer rigs. I wouldn't do it on anything that sits for periods. But a good dd, it wouldn't bother me.
I'll entertain it when I get back to real America.

Look at it this way. Blackstone gets paid for analysis. The more you send the more they make. Telling you to change less often isn't in their best interest lol.
Yeah, I know the argument. I know I pay to get their analysis. It is literally what I pay them to tell me. I paid an extra $10 for it, but I’m a motherfucking stubborn SOB and I don’t like the type of driving that this island has to offer so I’ll change the oil more frequently just to waste a little more money than required but to also give my engine new blood sooner. Why not?

Yeah, I know the argument. I know I pay to get their analysis. It is literally what I pay them to tell me. I paid an extra $10 for it, but I’m a motherfucking stubborn SOB and I don’t like the type of driving that this island has to offer so I’ll change the oil more frequently just to waste a little more money than required but to also give my engine new blood sooner. Why not?

I'm not telling you when to change it.

I'm simply saying their data is solid.

Use it or don't.

I'm not telling you when to change it.

I'm simply saying their data is solid.

Use it or don't.
No s***. I’m just letting you in on the little piece of the crazy that is my mind. Enter it or don’t.

:popcorn:

Well since the USAF told me so f***ing late into the game, I’m going to lose a bunch of leave. I have about 138 days or so but I’ll only be able to take approx 80-90 terminal. I’ll sell back the remaining and take the hit on taxes and BAH/BAS.
Congratulations on the retirement P! As for the taxes, use the farm as your tax sink. Buying equipment, fencing, stock, etc are business expenses. Best of luck to you and your family on the new venture. If your ever coming through S. GA hit me up.

Congratulations on the retirement P! As for the taxes, use the farm as your tax sink. Buying equipment, fencing, stock, etc are business expenses. Best of luck to you and your family on the new venture. If your ever coming through S. GA hit me up.
Thanks J, I really appreciate the kind words brother. You do the same if you're ever up near NE TN.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom