Builds 94 FZJ80 - Let the Adventure Ensue (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Got these recovery points from @CPACruiser

These things are stout man. I gotta get them painted up and mounted, though I probably won’t use them here.

I think I need to order another set for the two-tone.

52B9D3A2-AC85-4BBD-BE93-0DE670547295.jpeg

Those are stout. It looks like @CPACruiser eases the outer edges on those as well?

Yes, they are radiused inside the thruhole for soft shackles and the edges are chamfered. I have regular non-radiused available for traditional steel shackles as well. 🤙🏻
Shawn, have you weighed these bitches? They're heavy bro. My daughters love checking the mail and I told them to lift with their legs. They STRUGGLED to get the box from the mailbox to the house. Hahahaha. I love it. They're going to be in charge of painting them too. They're planning to bedazzle and sprinkle glitter and s*** on them. Whatever, I'm along for the ride.

Shawn, have you weighed these bitches? They're heavy bro. My daughters love checking the mail and I told them to lift with their legs. They STRUGGLED to get the box from the mailbox to the house. Hahahaha. I love it. They're going to be in charge of painting them too. They're planning to bedazzle and sprinkle glitter and s*** on them. Whatever, I'm along for the ride.
That's awesome! Yeah they're beefy boys 🐂🤙🏻

From the simulations I ran on Fusion360 with 8.8 or higher hardware, each one should safely be able to handle ~14000 pound force of pull...

Then even stronger if you triangulate (bridle) a strap (the proper way to use front recovery points) to both points you'll be able to pull yourself out of most any situation. 👌🏻🪝

Go big or go home 🤘🏼

As for colors...I'm waiting on this prismatic universe powder to be back in stock 🤓
prismatic-universe-pmb-10367-dt20201125223353056-thumbnail.jpg

Last edited:
Number 4….

What’s up mud? Been a while, nothing significant to report but have an update on my VAFM that BavRest squared away for me. They tightened up the spring tension for the door and that seems to have done the trick. Although the door spring tension was within factory limits it must’ve been on the same side as my ex-gf; super loose. After a couple extra “love stitches” the cruiser has been running without a single discrepancy. It’s been approx 1,500 miles since the updated VAF install so all seems gtg.

In other news I’m slowly packing away parts for my other cruisers and picked up Rick’s @landtank upgraded MAFs. It was his last one and who knows how long it’ll be until he is able to build more complete assemblies so I snatched it up. I don’t even know if I need the sob but doesn’t that apply to most of the s*** we buy for our cruisers?

Here’s a pic; she’s beautiful.
BF5EFEBF-2FC8-4E1D-BEF3-8E2BEE69CB7B.jpeg

What’s up mud? Been a while, nothing significant to report but have an update on my VAFM that BavRest squared away for me. They tightened up the spring tension for the door and that seems to have done the trick. Although the door spring tension was within factory limits it must’ve been on the same side as my ex-gf; super loose. After a couple extra “love stitches” the cruiser has been running without a single discrepancy. It’s been approx 1,500 miles since the updated VAF install so all seems gtg.

In other news I’m slowly packing away parts for my other cruisers and picked up Rick’s @landtank upgraded MAFs. It was his last one and who knows how long it’ll be until he is able to build more complete assemblies so I snatched it up. I don’t even know if I need the sob but doesn’t that apply to most of the s*** we buy for our cruisers?

Here’s a pic; she’s beautiful. View attachment 3020171
Nice. Are you able to upgrade your injectors with a 94, or is it not necessary without boost?

Thanks for the humor and apprising me of Bavrest. I’m going to send my spare VAFM to them soon. My 93 purrs like a kitten at 309k but a refresh on that meter couldn’t hurt I suppose.

Nice. Are you able to upgrade your injectors with a 94, or is it not necessary without boost?
I assume so but it isn’t necessary without a compelling reason. In my case I have no reason to.
The cruiser is running perfectly and at this point I’m thinking of taking my fleet of 3 and reducing down to 1-2. The USAF has to figure out when they’re going to let me retire FFS and I can decide what direction I need to go once I get to my damn farm. I’m thinking I’m going to keep one or both of the 97s and keep this 94 since it’s basically perfect except for cosmetics. We will see though, I change my mind like @baldilocks strips his axel shafts wheeling.

Well not talking you into, nor do I need to be thinking of it. . .but you know I want a UTE. So I'll keep an eye on you selling one 😋

I'm so glad that when I requested retirement it wasn't an issue.
I’m just a lowly major dude. Prior enlisted and crusty to the bone. They don’t need me but it’s because they lost my retirement package for almost 3 months and due to a lot of red tape, it’s taking this long. It shouldn’t be too much longer until I hear back but damn, I’ve been saying that since Feb/March. I thought I’d be enjoying my terminal in April. I have 4 months on the books including my PTDY. If they take any longer, I’m going to have to push my retirement to the right by a few months which isn’t a big deal, just inconvenient.

I’m just a lowly major dude. Prior enlisted and crusty to the bone. They don’t need me but it’s because they lost my retirement package for almost 3 months and due to a lot of red tape, it’s taking this long. It shouldn’t be too much longer until I hear back but damn, I’ve been saying that since Feb/March. I thought I’d be enjoying my terminal in April. I have 4 months on the books including my PTDY. If they take any longer, I’m going to have to push my retirement to the right by a few months which isn’t a big deal, just inconvenient.

Meh I was a lowly e7. Scum.

Typical AF. Hard to get in and they make it hard to let you out. Happy to hear you’re close. I still have 12 years… it hurts to even type that.

Typical AF. Hard to get in and they make it hard to let you out. Happy to hear you’re close. I still have 12 years… it hurts to even type that.
It goes fast man! That’s only a few more assignments. Maybe a couple deployments and sprinkle in a few sweet TDYs. Before you know it, you’ll be a miserable bastard like @Dusten

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom