8x Series V8 Swaps (7 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1997 Collectors Edition with a 4.7L 2UZFE done by Slee Offroad with a host of parts from @beno including new short block from Japan and all OEM accessories.

Swap was done for reliability along with producing enough power for comfortable daily driving and extended cross-country road trips. Re-Gear was done @ 4.56 ratio and the truck even with all external and internal additions feels like it has more power than the wife's stock 2UZFE..

I've personally done several JK Swaps including 5.7L/4L60E and 6.2L/6L80E and from a balance of power and smoothness, the 4.7L was an appropriate choice for me. Having all Toyota was a personal choice for this particular swap and I'm a big fan of GM powerplants and transmissions.

Drawback:

Inability to personally tune engine and transmission. I use EFI Live for GM swaps and its really amazing the additional power you can make with a good tune, especially the transmission.

Thoughts after seat time:

I've driven this over a year now and have about 13,000 miles on the swap. The engine and transmission feel smoother and in synch more each month I drive it. I would do this swap again without hesitation.

Costs:

The Slee swap starts at $25,000 + with a take-out engine, but I went with a new short block, fully rebuilt heads and new accessories for reliability. I just didn't want to "wonder" about how someone else took care of their powerplant. Obviously, this added some significant $$ but cost savings was not my reasoning behind the swap.

F3F45848-93DD-4F9F-ADC6-631C45E0D0B1_zpsfps0hqhu.jpg

6A63B0F6-225F-404C-996E-D3110E38F1D4_zpsqic1vwwl.jpg

2593FBD4-E28F-4621-BF8B-ECEB2BBD0B95_zps2j4nutby.jpg

That is a work of art. Absolutely beautiful.

Can somebody post pics of your floor shifter-to-transmission connection(s)?
I have a 6 speed so my shifter lever and tranny lever are on the same side, but I guess I'd like to see how folks attached a cable to the floor shifter

thanks

does anyone make bolt-in replacement motor mounts yet? (for GM gen III/IV/V)

Signal conversion for speedo? Doesn't the stock Toyota speedo gauge read a different pulse per Rev?

Gotcha, that makes sense....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom