83 diesel truck (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
i just picked up a 83 toy diesel, needs some little things but runs very good, im curious who carries A/C kits for it, it gets damn hot here in se nm/west tx

Maybe Vintage Air, or you could retro everything from a partoutv

I've got an 83 and found a guy selling AC stuff down in Tucson, went and got it all. Rebuilt most of it still need to install tho. Honestly if I were starting from scratch right now I'd probably do Vintage Air instead. 83 AC was a dealer installed option as I understand, and so parts are harder to find than the rest of the truck.

to bad it doesnt have power steering, i tow around a utility trailer , i had shoulder surgery on both and trying to back up a real pita

I've got an 83 and found a guy selling AC stuff down in Tucson, went and got it all. Rebuilt most of it still need to install tho. Honestly if I were starting from scratch right now I'd probably do Vintage Air instead. 83 AC was a dealer installed option as I understand, and so parts are harder to find than the rest of the truck.
There were both OEM and Aftermarket back in the day. Some dealerships may have purposely ordered without A/C to be able to capture the installation charge in house.

im not sure i want to invest anymore into this truck, runs great, fun to drive, but im pulling a utility trailer most of the time and backing it without power steering and 2 bad shoulders really sux, and no a/c,

Does it have stock or aftermarket rims? If it has a different offset than stock it could make the strong arm steering a lot harder.

finally some pics

387328123_1341434216742964_8865238494906593123_n.jpg

What transmission does it have?

OK. G series, R series, L series?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom