80 Series General Tech and Classifieds (8 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Picked up another 80 today. 94 non locked, clean cloth interior, 279k. Needs front axle work. Runs and drives great and the air is cold. Body is too straight for me to cut it up so it will more than likely be my new driver or will be fixed then sold.

Dark green with paint fade on hood and roof

image.jpg
No more ghetto alarm it was a fire waiting to happen.

image.jpg
Tail light guards also gone if you want them $45. I will keep the brush guard on until I can convince dnp to sell me his non winch arb. Running boards are next.

Don't you want to sell those cloth seats and upgrade that gem to plush leather?

Dibs on the seats if you do :)

More than likely they will stay in the truck but if I do take them out I will let you know.

279,000 miles... Damn these things are tough! Should have never sold that black Lexus! Oh well.

I remember 279,000 - that was a while back. 330,000 currently. Yep, ya shoulda kept it

Looking for a stock 80 front bumper

My '94 80 was in an accident this week; impact from a lady driving on the wrong side of the road. While it looks to be mostly sheet metal for me and her insurance has taken liability, I'm gearing up for the argument when they want to likely scrap the truck for it's age. I'd looking for a good price on a stock front bumper that someone my still have from installing aftermarket - could use leads on used headlight assembly [drivers] and any other front section external parts also. I'm searching the more popular used parts sites specific to Cruisers, but thought I'd check w/ yall as well. Any leads appreciated

Dow Welch 662-549-6203

we have a stock bumper from a '93 that's cut for a Harbor Freight 12K winch and comes with the mounting plate already customized - ready to go for HF winch install with fairlead for synthetic line (we switched to a Slee bumper when the opportunity arose to buy a used one locally) - original vent grilles are available for the two holes in the bumper, and it has the shiney trim on top to boot :) - located in Baton Rouge, make offer

P1010170.jpg

Last edited:
I forgot to mention: we also have the rear bumper ends that have the chrome trim to match the front - one has a ding on the shiney part and scratch on the grey, the other is slightly bent at the bracket [I had acquired bumper ends without the chrome in a too-good-to-pass-up multi-part-buyer-takes-all dealio :hillbilly:]

This looks to be in the region of / general area for Twin Bridges MT. Drop in on Glenn Brackett and the crew at Sweetgrass Rods; congratulate him on telling Winston to stuff it and admire the boo. Perhaps still few months out though before there's green instead of white up there .... of course TN and NC are a bit closer

Shout out to Chris Tolleson! He saved me some cash and I got to spend money with the "local guy" this time when he ordered the OME lift for my new LX450 project! Not to mention another great deal on a set of tires from 49 Tire!

Also, thanks to Rob Wilder at "Dealer Alternative" for some tech advice and hookup on some parts!

Nolen, come on!! I sold the 1993 so I could upgrade to an OBD-II rig. Ive been a die-hard Jeeper all of my life, but Im easing into the Yota world. Im happy to annonce that Jeeps and Toyotas are living together (peacefully) in my shop.

Heres a pic of the newest project. 97 locked LX450. Just put OME heavies and 315s from Tolleson.

97 LX450.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom