79 Stock Color Code for FJ40 Jump Seat (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Sorry if this is posted somewhere - i couldn't find it. I recently purchased some "stock grey trim paint" from CCOT and had my roll bar painted, mistakenly making the assumption that it would match my trim - IE seat backs, jump seats and the color my roll bar used to be. Anyway, this is how closely it matches:
Maybe it's just my age catching up to me, but that roll bar looks a lot lighter. Anyone know the color code for the darker gray of my jump seats?

Sorry if this is posted somewhere - i couldn't find it. I recently purchased some "stock grey trim paint" from CCOT and had my roll bar painted, mistakenly making the assumption that it would match my trim - IE seat backs, jump seats and the color my roll bar used to be. Anyway, this is how closely it matches:
Maybe it's just my age catching up to me, but that roll bar looks a lot lighter. Anyone know the color code for the darker gray of my jump seats?

That Looks lighter than stock roll bar color, at least for my 2/79 Fj40. I sold mine but here is a pic.

IMG_4446.JPG

I think the roll bar gray is the same as the wheel gray. Lots of good threads on matching that .

Yes that is my understanding too.

I have checked in the FAQ section and it is spotty in the paint codes section about trim paint codes for grey and silver. No pictures to back up what color code grey or silver they are talking about, to see if it is a close match or not.

I know this has been covered somewhere 1000s of times... so Im beating the ole dead horse!!!:deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse:

I powdercoated mine, the guy had a ton of grey chips and I found one that was almost identical. IT was cardinal with a code of 3226. When I go on their website I can't find it, but I would just match and go from there.

That Looks lighter than stock roll bar color, at least for my 2/79 Fj40. I sold mine but here is a pic.

View attachment 1498460
I bought that Rollbar from @MOTOV8R. Currently I own 2 - 1979 FJ40's and a 1982 FJ40 with the "Gray" seats, rollbar, and jump seats. The closest color I got was Rustoleum "Glossy Dark Gray". Here are some pics I just sprayed a sample black rollbar clamp for comparison. I paid $3.99 at Home Depot.

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

I bought that Rollbar from @MOTOV8R. Currently I own 2 - 1979 FJ40's and a 1982 FJ40 with the "Gray" seats, rollbar, and jump seats. The closest color I got was Rustoleum "Glossy Dark Gray". Here are some pics I just sprayed a sample black rollbar clamp for comparison. I paid $3.99 at Home Depot.

It looks just slightly bluer to my eye, but certainly close enough for me. I'm going to use that. Thanks for posting!

+1 on the Rustoleum, also compare the Smoke Grey which I used on my OEM steeliness-VERY close to original color. A friend had an original OEM wheel that was tucked away in Uncles attic for years so probably no paint fade, color almost identical and very easy to apply. Gloss enamel

Has anyone found a Toyota paint code for the later model interior gray color? I got a pile of parts for blasting and paint.

PXL_20210401_174116646.jpg

Reviving this thread - like some others, I am looking for the exact paint code/mix for the gray interior. I am maybe ok going with the Rustoleum version, but would like to know the exact code to get it mixed.

As a side, is the same grey color used for plastic parts, such as the center console (plastic version) and seat belt plastic parts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom