For Sale 77 fj40 3/4 tub (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am turning my 40 more into more of a rock crawler. I'm selling the 3/4 tub. Has some mild rust. Rear sill was replaced with a galvanized panel years ago and should last a long time. Flares included, lights and fuel doors not included. Pm me if interested. 1200.00 obo located in denver
20170113_122646.jpg
20170113_122633.jpg

Last edited:
OH MAN WHY HAS NOBODY SNAPPED THIS UP YET!!!

I wish it was a bit closer im after a 3/4 tub for another project in the works

Interested, PM sent

Anyone know an easy way to get it from CO to MI? I could try Mudship, but would need to talk with OP first on location of tub before I post a thread.

Last edited:
Interested, PM sent

Anyone know an easy way to get it from CO to MI? I could try Mudship, but would need to talk with OP first on location of tub before I post a thread.

PM me, I can arrange shipping.

More info and pics. I did all the body work myself years ago. I also welded in a galvanized sill. It had rust on the quarter panels where the fenderwells were spot welded to the quarters. I cut all of that out and put in patch panels. I also cut out the rust in the rockers and welded in patch panels. I sprayed rust converter into the inside of the rocker panels from the access holes in the interior. Note that the rocker panels I cut shorter than stock to give more clearance for 4wheeling, I like the look too but not sure if you do. 2 years ago I removed the front seats and trans tunnel, treated any rust with rust converter and painted it with thick grey paint I got from ace hardware. Their was rust occurring in the seam between the rear floor and b pillar seam, I also took rust converter to that as well at the same time. The rear floor is in pretty good shape. Where the roll bar bolts down rust has gotten pretty bad, so basically the roll bar supports need to be cut off, and then the fenderwell metal needs patch panels their. In the mid bed section their are bolts on each side for body mounts that go through the floor, through reinforcement channel, and into the frame. Next to the bolts on the floor is a little bit of rust pushing up through the floor between the spot welds of the reinforcement channel. So about a 4"x4" section their of the floor needs to be cut out, and new welded in on each side. Some of the bondo has started to crack on the quarter panels, and some of the cracks are rust colored, so the bondo in those areas will have to be ground down, the rust ground off, and then re bondo and paint. That's pretty much all of it. I can scrounge up more pics is you want.
20170215_112718.jpg
131027_0000.jpg
20170215_112434.jpg
20170215_112410.jpg
20170215_112351.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom