Builds 76 Fj40 Face Lift (22 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nice area.

Yes sir, real nice. Very good fishing too. Black Water River is excellent. A little hard to get to in some paces. I like the last 1/2 mile or so as it empties into the Dry Fork…

I think it depends on the moment…I pulled up the other day and he had that “pilgrim in the land of the lost” look. He‘s moving out Monday and spending weekends at his brothers condo in Canaan Valley. Good news is through the week he’ll be living in the Frat house. At any given time there’s 5-6 guys who are staying there. All friends and co-workers so he’s in good hands. I gave him the go ahead to send his mail here so I’ll see him at least a couple times a week for mail call.

I gave him a leisurely ride around the compound in the Mule. He was grinning at the end. I‘ll take that as a good sign.

@65swb45
The reason I asked was that two days ago I got a text message that a buddy of mine, who was engaged to be married this fall to the daughter of a friend of mine, and had lived with her for eight years, was not getting married. And worse, I got the message from the fiancé.☹️

This put me of a mind that I may be on my way to losing another friend (lost several before) that couldn’t face me after their relationships failed. I think they ended up feeling like less of a man because they couldn’t ‘fix’ the problem, and if there’s one thing guys pride themselves on, it’s being able to fix things.

I hope that doesn’t happen to you and your friend.

Thanks for the insight. I’m having him over for late lunch/early dinner tomorrow. Uncle Chungas stew and homemade bread.

Some problems don’t have answers. But hot homemade bread will take your mind off of it.

The reason I asked was that two days ago I got a text message that a buddy of mine, who was engaged to be married this fall to the daughter of a friend of mine, and had lived with her for eight years, was not getting married. And worse, I got the message from the fiancé.☹️

This put me of a mind that I may be on my way to losing another friend (lost several before) that couldn’t face me after their relationships failed. I think they ended up feeling like less of a man because they couldn’t ‘fix’ the problem, and if there’s one thing guys pride themselves on, it’s being able to fix things.

Having made that universal switch recently, I'd agree about the chances - It is how you channel/re-purpose being able to fix things. For me, I decided it would be therapeutic to put my first FJ40 together (I have no idea what I am doing) in conjunction with my new universal life. It slowly gave me focus and something to smile about... lots of frowns/grief ahead first.

You have characteristics of great friends @Chungas Revenge and @65swb45 - When I can - I'll buy a round of libations - 🍻 - and to the MUD community at large.

Last edited:
It is the “Valley of the shadow”.

Blessings…:cheers:

Having made that universal switch recently, I'd agree about the chances - It is how you channel/re-purpose being able to fix things. For me, I decided it would be therapeutic to put my first FJ40 together (I have no idea what I am doing) in conjunction with my new universal life. It slowly gave me focus and something to smile about... lots of frowns/grief ahead first.

You have character a great friends @Chungas Revenge and @65swb45 - If I could - I'd buy a round of libations - 🍻 - and to the MUD community at large.

Last edited:
I’m behind the power curve…Tried catching up on a few Misc pieces today.

Winch is up and operational with a new relay. Aftermarket offering. Spun up the Engo without issue(s).

5FBA37DD-05B4-4B7D-83FF-4B32DC3AF158.jpeg

5A732971-61EF-4B56-A41A-9A56A51A2A52.jpeg

A little elbow grease..

4/spd shifter from Marks Off Road came in awhile back. Just getting around to throwing a little effort at it. Cleaned it up with a shot of brake cleaner and a brass brush. Hit the shifter and accompanying pieces.

I’m going to run a test fit/function check a little later today..

C8734501-5D29-446F-B680-D1227F1AA004.jpeg

C1C31363-8421-41E0-8F00-72619C4DB540.jpeg

Last edited:
“Re-installed” the correct hi/lo TCase shifter.🙄What..!!, Don’t shoot me I’m just the piano player..

867EA544-5FA8-4B26-9EA1-7AA30208F347.jpeg

Clouds part, sun shines - Angels sing.

Test drove the new shifter on the bench..No surprises, 4 forward and 1 reverse. Just like it poda’ be.. :bounce:
I’ll put the shifter under wraps until the installation. Last bits for the TCase are in/installed/temporarily mocked up.
Trans is ready except for a back up light.

Still need the correct ratio-speedo-how fast ya going-gear assembly. Parking brake is on deck. Still haven’t touched the CB 350f carbs..The Mule is sooo needy.

9E4ACD83-858E-4879-B660-CF3E610F28BC.jpeg

5102C6D5-BEF2-4041-8F2D-60A364990CEA.jpeg

Ebrake rehab Finished.

The Mrs is inbound tomorrow. Nothing says “I missed you” like rehabbing your Ebrake on her side of the dinning room table. 😁 I bet she makes chicken…

0E1E2E04-195C-4256-961B-C65676849D2E.jpeg

E3B1D291-C626-43BD-8B2D-62F684F3B40D.jpeg

I can smell the loco weed from here!😛

Broke out the big gun today. The best 10$ EBay purchase I ever made. BLUF: wasn’t the red scourge holding the windshield hing in place. It looked like a clear silicon. Good news is the hardware is in good shape.

DC3003A5-5B5D-4F41-98A8-83350286611E.jpeg

DE339C57-2180-4DD8-AC75-832DF6DCF3C1.jpeg

Added an aftermarket driver/passenger mirror. Figured I’d save a few sheckles during this time of want and woe. Plan is to use them when the top is off. I’ll toss the door mounts (mirrors) on this fall.

Note I used the shouldered hardware. All I had. I’ll try and find something different in the bin.😁

check out the sticker 🙄

B0C494D0-CEA7-4917-A064-6BB4EE4AAEB9.jpeg

The adventures of Lake Buddy.

Lake Buddy and I tested out the new side mirrors this weekend. I think the patient is going make it. Every time he gets in the Mule he grins like a mule eating briars. Pretty sure that’s a good sign. 😁 We took a leisurely jaunt around the compound. Gave us plenty of time to discuss important things like the Marlin 45-70, why the Mule is two tone and the perfect cheeseburger. Like I said, I think the patient is going to make a full recovery….

D23DDEE6-C149-43D6-8469-A65ADA149E48.jpeg

To return a phrase I only recently learned:

That is some high cotton.😉

The adventures of Lake Buddy.

Lake Buddy and I tested out the new side mirrors this weekend. I think the patient is going make it. Every time he gets in the Mule he grins like a mule eating briars. Pretty sure that’s a good sign. 😁 We took a leisurely jaunt around the compound. Gave us plenty of time to discuss important things like the Marlin 45-70, why the Mule is two tone and the perfect cheeseburger. Like I said, I think the patient is going to make a full recovery….

View attachment 3087194
An official coed flex test would kill two birds with one stone….

An official coed flex test would kill two birds with one stone….
Negatory! Given the Mrs. short fuse, and previously reported propensity for wielding a shotgun, THAT would not be advisable.

At least not until the cloaking device is installed.😉

Negatory! Given the Mrs. short fuse, and previously reported propensity for wielding a shotgun, THAT would not be advisable.

Even If it’s to help a friend in need?……

Even If it’s to help a friend in need?……

Pumpkin just picked up Benelli M4. 😳

The mule is barred from the beach and on temporary lock down until the fall semester starts next week. Its due for some long overdue maintenance..I think the muffler bearings are shot and the radio needs some squelch lube…😬

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom