72 FJ40 Chevota Build (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Steve,
Have not started it yet. I will do a video with audio to document it.
I want to fill and bleed the brakes and clutch before I start it this time since I have drive shafts installed. I want to know how it sounds too.

As the finish line gets closer I keep finding one more thing that needs to be done.

Filled the brakes, bled them, fixed 4 leaks. I'm really surprised how tight the fittings need to be to not leak. Also filled the clutch hydraulics with fluid.
Bled the Brakes.jpg

Rolled her out of the garage into the daylight to start her up.
IMG_4638.JPG

It's looking awesome. I'm sure it feels good to have it outside of the garage on four wheels.

It's looking awesome. I'm sure it feels good to have it outside of the garage on four wheels.

Thanks Baja73, it's good to have it outside. I installed my front seat, so next weekend I'll drive it in and out the ten feet. Started getting the registration and license plates. Will take it around the block before too long. Still has a ways to go.

Reactions: SMG
Thanks Baja73, it's good to have it outside. I installed my front seat, so next weekend I'll drive it in and out the ten feet. Started getting the registration and license plates. Will take it around the block before too long. Still has a ways to go.
Awesome. I am not going nearly as far as you have this go round. I had some issues that needed to be addressed and one thing leads to another and the next thing you know you got all kinds of stuff apart and you have not drove it for months. That's where I am. I bought it and ended up taking it apart without really driving it. I'm Putting it back together now and hope to drive it around a bit then figure out where I go from there.

Sounds great! I can't believe how good it is running on the first start up!

I don't see the inlet and outlet sizes listed for the muffler.

I would like to use this same muffler in my setup.

Do you think I need the resonator? How do you think it would sound without one?

Thanks

2.5" in and out. Summit Racing gives more detail.

Dynomax Super Turbo Mufflers 17676

I think it would sound great without the resonator. A little louder with more rumble. Mine is as quiet as a stock 350. Should get louder under load at high revs. Not there yet.

It started and ran reasonable. The 800 rpm idle is a little rough then gets smooth around 2,000 rpm. At idle the tach bounces at the rough idle point. I'm suspecting my $40 Cardone distributer isn't all it can be so I ordered a new one from Summit. If I pull the PCV vacuum line off the throttle body the computer compensates with a high smooth idle. That leads me to believe all the mass flow sensors and injectors are working properly. To be continued. . .

2.5" in and out. Summit Racing gives more detail.

Dynomax Super Turbo Mufflers 17676

I think it would sound great without the resonator. A little louder with more rumble. Mine is as quiet as a stock 350. Should get louder under load at high revs. Not there yet.

It started and ran reasonable. The 800 rpm idle is a little rough then gets smooth around 2,000 rpm. At idle the tach bounces at the rough idle point. I'm suspecting my $40 Cardone distributer isn't all it can be so I ordered a new one from Summit. If I pull the PCV vacuum line off the throttle body the computer compensates with a high smooth idle. That leads me to believe all the mass flow sensors and injectors are working properly. To be continued. . .

Nice! And thanks for the info.

Anything new with your machine?

Been working on little things that don't change the look too much. Installed the heater and hoses. Installed the seats and seat belts.

Seats Dvr.jpg
Seats Pass.jpg

Installed the windshield wiper motor. Looking for after market wiper arms.

Been working on little things that don't change the look too much. Installed the heater and hoses. Installed the seats and seat belts.

View attachment 1399259 View attachment 1399260

Installed the windshield wiper motor. Looking for after market wiper arms.
It's looking good. It's funny how you can spend hours working on it and there is not much to see but you know that you have accomplished a lot. I like the color scheme. It will really look good with the black wheels. Thanks for the update.

35x12.5x15 on 15x10 with 2.5 back space. 4" Hell Creek spring lift and 1.5" body lift.

KM2 tires on Procomp series 97 wheels

Looks great. The black rims complete the look. The top looks nice also. Have you driven it much? Im sure after all of that work you are dying to drive it around. Great work!

Baja73, Waiting for my side mirrors, then I can start driving it on the street. Can't wait!

Reactions: SMG
Good luck and be careful!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom