6BT/NV4500/HF2AV Build Thread - New Adapter (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks guys for the replies! I'm happy with manifold EGT's except for rare high load conditions. I think getting the turbo to spool better will help with that.

@Wheelingnoob where did you source your fan? I think our motors are close to same position so sounds like it should fit. Any reason not to run a different blade than the stock one? I can get the clutch affordably and the bolt pattern is the fairly standard four holer...but for some reason the aftermarket doesn't support the Cummins? Too many vibes?

I got my fan from a guy parting out a truck, he tossed the fan in for free with a few other small bits I bought. I was very happy.

Not sure why it's not supported in the aftermarket. I personally feel mechanical fan is the only way to go having had multiple electric fans and controllers fail on other cars plus sub par cooling.

I have an electrical fan in my 80, other than a loose wire once, it's been pretty reliable, I've got no interest in going to mechanical though I do appreciate the simplicity of them.
Same here. No issues and have no shroud.

Same here. No issues and have no shroud.
What fan are you running? I used a littlish one off a Volvo that was free as a stop gap to see how it ran...it has done fine everywhere except high load, low speed situations.

What fan are you running? I used a littlish one off a Volvo that was free as a stop gap to see how it ran...it has done fine everywhere except high load, low speed situations.
Without looking at my notes I believe they are Mishimoto. I have two.

Rock auto has them $86.79, I run my stock fan on, one of the DA relocation pulley, keeps it plenty cool
Well don't I feel silly. I just ordered one up. I swear this must be a new offering as I looked and looked and even the cummins forums said they were unavailable aftermarket. Thanks for the lead!

Rock auto has them $86.79, I run my stock fan on, one of the DA relocation pulley, keeps it plenty cool
Well don't I feel silly. I just ordered one up. I swear this must be a new offering as I looked and looked and even the cummins forums said they were unavailable aftermarket. Thanks for the lead!

Yeah, I am. Are you like me? Tired of filling up your transmission fluid periodically?
My split case whines like no other even after rebuild. It's either buy another split case to rebuild or use the 80 series case sitting in the parts rig. I see Duiser still has the adapter on their website yet I don't know if any of it is up to date.

Are transfer case issues common with the split case/nv4500 combo?
I don't think the issues are different from the norm. I still get fluid transferred between the trans and t-case just like the H41/h42 does. Downfall is that the NV4500 takes a different oil.

Can you run the special oil in the case too? The Toyota split case seems pretty tuff. My first cruiser did the pumping thing and my case was bone dry. Yould never know from driving it though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom