For Sale 65 fj45 medford Oregon (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I stumbled across this fj45 this weekend and thought I could help the guy sell it. His health is ailing and he's been given less than a year to live so he's getting rid of some of his assets to help out is wife. The truck is a 65 all original no rust short bed hardtop. The thing is excellent drivers/ survivor quality condition. My guess is it's had a repaint but I can verify that for anyone who is curious. Engine bay is pristine, frame is beautiful, a couple little dings on the bed. Interior is amazing! He quoted me $21k to buy it, which I think it's worth every penny. I'm going back to his place next weekend if anyone is interested or wants more pics. I snapped one on my way out the door.
20170430_142824.jpg

I am 60 miles away and unfortunately not in a position to buy it :(

Awesome find!

If this is the same truck, he has been to the 45 run a couple times when it was at Deer Valley. I think his Mud name is Billybongo63.? If so, great guy! Sorry to hear about his health failing him, no matter who's it is.

Last edited:
Very nice example, maybe titled as a 65 but it's a 63,64, fixed top. Worth 21 k to the right person, I don't fit in the fixed top cabs so have never kept one for too long. If this was a Rht, it would be very tempting! You just never find them like this anymore.

His name is Joe, I'm not convinced he's on here but it wouldn't surprise me either. He has several cruisers and has bought and sold a bunch of them over the years.

Very nice example, maybe titled as a 65 but it's a 63,64, fixed top. Worth 21 k to the right person, I don't fit in the fixed top cabs so have never kept one for too long. If this was a Rht, it would be very tempting! You just never find them like this anymore.
Could be a 64, I was in a hurry and only glanced at the data plate. My buddy was talking about buying it but then his beer belly touched the steering wheel.

I meant Billybongo63. I just did a search and Billy's has a white top so probably not the same. Boy, southern Oregon has had a bunch of hidden gems come out of the woodwork lately!

Those rear window rubbers are mint, well the whole truck is mint
Definitely a 63 though by the outward small ribs on back of the cab, late 63 and 64 cabs had the large inward ribs like a rht, has ribbed roof too 64 was smooth

Are these two trucks the same color? I know the different lighting can play tricks in determining but . . . could one or both of these be an original color? If either is original, does anyone know what Toyota called this color?

The truck in this thread:

20170430_142824.jpg

Notice how the color of the firewall in the second pic below approximates the bedside color of the first truck above where the floor jack handle is? A truck 3-Puppies posted about years ago:

swb1.jpg

45-3.jpg

years ago? over a decade ago!
I think my 63 is that color also.

I remember years ago hearing that color was bandaid! I had a 65 lpb the same color and to this day the only one I have ever seen. I wonder if this truck is indeed original paint?

I think its a stock color, but the one 3 puppies posted has a white roof...so that has been painted, roof should be body color

I "think" the 64 fixed top have window hinges even though it won't fold, the 63 should be a fixed window(no plate or hinge). I also "think" 63 would have a stamped bezel and not say Toyota on the grill or have a place for it to mount, 64 would not have stamped bezel.

this is a 63 fixed top
45509950.jpg

45235080.jpg

this is a 64 fixed top
45509500.jpg

this is 63, it may be the same color
45233188.jpg

here are the 64 colors, sorry its small but it was scanned a decade or more ago
27522008.jpg

That brochure depicts a 1961 FJ40, possibly an early production 1962, but not a 1963. The curved-end front bumper gives it away. That was a FJ25 holdover part. That style bumper was stock on all 1961 FJ40s but it changed to the typical FJ40 front bumper in early 1962.

The slide-up door window also identifies that 40 as a 1961 or 1962. All 1961 hardtop models had the sliders. Sometime in the 1962 production run those slide-ups ended. Some '62s had them, some didn't.

The color of that 40 is Lily White.

This one definitely had no window hinges. I checked it when I was there just for the heck of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom