60s with canoes and maybe other boats (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The green one looks well used, I’ve got something not quite that beat, but close.

I noticed your blue dagger is rubbed through the vinyl (blue) and down to the ABS (tan) in areas. In case you don’t know - get some LEGO - blue if you’re looking for colour match, toss it in a glass jar with a bit of acetone. The LEGO dissolves into a goo you can brush on over the abs. Once the acetone flashes off, you can sand the LEGO repair smooth.

Wear in the vinyl isn’t really an issue, but you want to limit the ABS exposure to UV.

Agree about the need to apply something to the blue canoe to protect the ABS. I need to just shoot some paint on it for now. Dagger made some changes in the few years difference between these two canoes. Same model but the green is a few pound heavier and the paint has held up better, and it's the older.

From a few years ago, at a Texas State Park, I can’t remember the name of. Had zillions of ants invade my Cruiser. Have since moved a couple times and gave the canoe back to the guy who gave it to me (close friend). It was fun, just didn’t use it enough.

C407362F-C480-4674-8CB9-A5D9E5054702.jpeg

From a few years ago, at a Texas State Park, I can’t remember the name of. Had zillions of ants invade my Cruiser. Have since moved a couple times and gave the canoe back to the guy who gave it to me (close friend). It was fun, just didn’t use it enough.

View attachment 1984976
Were you the one that parked in the river to get away from the ants? I thought that was a brilliant idea.

Were you the one that parked in the river to get away from the ants? I thought that was a brilliant idea.

I’ve never done that, but would have worked.

It is a Peter borough it’s been in my family for over 50 years still floats but pretty fragile.
Lucky to have such an heirloom. It looks like it's full of water in the one pic? Take care of it, I had
a Chestnut that was destroyed one winter in storage. Nothing sweeter over the water than a cedar/canvas
canoe. Look it up, insure it accordingly

Franklin - How do you like that Swift Prospector? They don't sell them out west, I've called, but I
can't do the shipping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom