60 Soft Top (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I think you may need to turn up the brightness on your monitor, those are hella washed out for me.

AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH my eyes are melting.....:eek:

Looks like a winner Tapage.

Can't wait for the inspiration to cut my roof off and canvas out the back too.....:beer:

john

Tapage,
Sorry about your rig dude, but Im excited as hell to see how this project comes out!
Ive thought about this as well, but Ive never seen one done!
Can you list where you get you top from and how much it cost?
Glad to hear that youre ok!

Good luck!

Chicago

Nice project. Where did you find those nice boys with the machine guns?

Tapage,
Sorry about your rig dude, but Im excited as hell to see how this project comes out!

Me too but I thought it was take more time that I was planing ..

Ive thought about this as well, but Ive never seen one done!

It was my dream after I tires to fight with my rusty roof ..

Can you list where you get you top from and how much it cost?
Glad to hear that youre ok!

Thanks dude .. cost .. ? forget it ! I thought with roll cage and soft top it would cost up to 2.5 k ( here in Panamá )

Can't wait for the inspiration to cut my roof off and canvas out the back too.....:beer:

just do it dude .. I need other Cruiserhead in my train ! :D

I was never here, you never saw me.

Ja ! yes I saw you dude ! :)

Sorry about the crappy body shop. This is going to be good.

It's hard to explain .. you know it's more like Panamenian ( latin-central america ) culture. I make a deal with a guy who call other guys to make the job .. those other ones get a crappy pay for the job .. but the cheat guy that make a deal disapear ..

Long story short .. all guys disapear with my money and let the job in the middle of nowhere .. the worse part they " maybe " stole one of my warn lights ! :frown:

If you know if anyone sell one .. :D

Any updates man? You getting a roll cage ready for it?

Any updates man? You getting a roll cage ready for it?

I'm working on that .. trust me, are not easy find right persons to work ( well done ) here in Panamá ..

At my lunch will go to the body shop and take more pics .. :D

Some pics as I promise .. details ..

roof-lib.jpg

I will be placing a lib up in the roof to handle the soft top custom made sure.

This part it's almost done ..

side-tail-border.jpg

removing all old paint ..

no-paint.jpg

and the front it's ready ..

front-almost.jpg

Tomorrow I hope more progress ..

VERY NICE I like the body cappin

Yo, man, way to go. I'm doing a similar chop to my cruiser, but I'll be keeping all 4 doors, and just doing a soft rear cargo section. I can't decide if I want to just cap my cuts like you did, or cover the entire border with diamond plate like this 4runner...

chop2%5Cchop2-3.jpg

Look'n sweet!!

My 55 is chopped and not finished yet. Instead of caping mine.. I planed on using tube as the "cap" all the way around on tailgate, bed rails, and b-pillar and roof line. Should give a kind of "rounded" look, provide some stregnth, and anchor points

looks killer. when i roll my rig someday i will do the same. i mean i have an excuse to cut my fenders out back cause my axle snapped and tore it up some so when the next bad item happens i will make the best of it as well.

Hey man, So what are you going to do for the soft top...I have been looking around locally at some stuff for my soft top but need to figure out a way to attach it to the front portion above my head.

i think some latches like that on an early mustang or something similar would hold the best if you could figure it out. if not go and do button snaps all around.

i think some latches like that on an early mustang or something similar would hold the best if you could figure it out. if not go and do button snaps all around.

I am going the button snap route for the whole thing besides above my head. I dont think they will keep the water out all that well.

Some pics as I promise .. details ..

roof-lib.jpg

I will be placing a lib up in the roof to handle the soft top custom made sure.

This part it's almost done ..

he still has a portion of the cab though so water would only go into the back cargo area...

are you planning on cutting yours at the window?

Pretty much where he has. But if you sit in the seat and look up in only covers about half your head....water dripping down your back would be o so not fun.

ok i see what you are saying now. i didnt think about how the seat sits back some.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom