60 series....Tech and Classifieds (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Or drop off your brown truck for the install and drive my brown truck as a loaner*!

*loaner service only available if the value of your vehicle exceeds mine

@FJ60Cam gives great head

Thanks @USMC22 for the 3/4 hand setting it in

3AFFDF97-CB7C-46AE-AC3E-0BAD35C4BF1D.jpeg

6CEA609F-7A62-4A60-B613-8C72864455D8.jpeg

9E1BCDC9-60AC-426E-8FDE-097EA6D95E53.jpeg

6B9DC5FA-7679-4003-81AB-E739999BD1C3.jpeg

DFECE350-11A9-4580-B472-84FE9DF87075.jpeg

The 60 has surprised me so far. I’ve average 12-13mpg on both flat highways and mountain highways. I dipped to 10mpg after having to fill up with ethology gas. 91octane ethos free is like jet fuel, it runs noticeably smoother than 87 etho free.

I was really worried about power loss at altitude but so far I’ve been able to maintain 60-65mph on the highways going uphill.

Only thing that has me puzzled is when I was coming across Texas when I would run in 5th gear for extended period of time my engine temps would creep up to about 3/4 up the gauge. Swap down to 4th gear and it would cool off. But swap back to 5th and the temps would creep up.

Lower RPMs not spinng the fan clutch up as well?

Got the dash back in on the great heater core project swap...still some wiring to screw around with and various other things. Need to round up some misc screws to deal with the pocket there by the a/c control head. Have a number of wiring projects to revise or complete. have to troubleshoot the a/c as I wiped-out my previous wiring on my custom stuff since it needed to be re-done anyway and the dash project was a good time to start over.
20190804_113202_resized.jpg
20190804_113231_resized.jpg

@Elbert getting close to taking a spin in it.

@Elbert getting close to taking a spin in it.

Its road worthy now, I drove it around today for a few hours to see if anything broke or was not working....of course A/c not working was a #$%^^. Not trail worthy or trip worthy but functional for local stuff. Maybe I can figure out A/c issue next weekend and do some of the wiring for the dash guages so once I do that, the dash pad does not need to come off again.

A/c is critical :)

I hope now to drive it more, and get it in better "mechanical shape" and run to ground my various misc projects.

@JTU my Pig with H55 is getting to 210 in 5th cruising at 70. So does Dustin’s with 4 speed.

Mine drips to 195 on backroads going slower.

Peel out.
Mine will also hit close to 210. This is running 75mph with ac full blast with a 4spd on the way to Talladega this summer.

Mine moves like Nolen said. 210 then under 60 drops to 195. Never moved any higher.

Texas-New Mexico-Arizona heat this week, often in the low 100s. Running 65-70 mph on interstate, always 5th gear and water temp always under 200 F. This reading from an Autometer gauge. Cooling system stock except for the fan clutch that is for a 3FE 80 series.

Texas-New Mexico-Arizona heat this week, often in the low 100s. Running 65-70 mph on interstate, always 5th gear and water temp always under 200 F. This reading from an Autometer gauge. Cooling system stock except for the fan clutch that is for a 3FE 80 series.

Where you do you have the sensor ran? @wngrog and I are running ours in the rear block drain. When I had mine in the thermo housing I got lower readings.

@maxbob002 is running a mechanical gauge. Where do you have yours ran?

Where you do you have the sensor ran? @wngrog and I are running ours in the rear block drain. When I had mine in the thermo housing I got lower readings.

@maxbob002 is running a mechanical gauge. Where do you have yours ran?

In the head. Stock sending unit is still connected and I have the Autometer sensor in a second port in the head.

We watched the EGT's on Jrob's Duramax the last time we were on a trip towing in that rig. Temps would edge up on long pulls that didn't gear the truck down. Gear it down manually and the EGT's went down even with the higher RPM's. Just the way it is...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom