60 series....Tech and Classifieds (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Plug it. I never cracked it open.

F2149AAB-9763-42C5-B56E-91CD0955175A.jpeg

Reactions: JTU
A little bit of Delco Charcoal Canister tech for y’all.

The factory canister when hooked up to the factory system had a purge valve that only operated it under vacuum advance.

It did not allow the truck to pull vacuum at idle and put raw fumes into the base of your carburetor at idle.

The Delco has no provision for that.

If you add this doo dad in line to your vacuum source and then put a hose from the small port into a T on your distributor vacuum advance hose, you will only pull vacuum and fumes during acceleration.

F13E1341-196C-44D7-AD2F-09EB9F99FD95.jpeg

Bolt on woopow for Ole Blue:

9C10A07F-299C-4EAC-90A1-E5B27687CBF8.jpeg

Since his motor was just rebuilt and should still have good piston & ring sealing, I suggested we toss a high compression head on there for good measure. And, of course it needed a Sniper.

This has been CC’d and shaved to land right where we want it, and has the high-flow big valves and modern beehive valve springs for maximum burnouts...

1D04429D-93DF-47A2-A637-6A830517B4F5.jpeg

C66DA335-43F7-4463-A284-D9885F063106.jpeg

Man!

Been an expensive week for fluids in the 60. Didn’t realize how much oil the trans and transfer case both hold.

Not sure what oil was in the H55 prior to today but after swapping in the Castrol API GL5 oil it is noticeably quieter.
View attachment 2044569

H55F should have GL4 oil because it's better for the synchronizers.

It may be frowned on by some, but i keep a 5 gallon bucket of traveler brand 80w90 in the garage with a pump for all the oil tanks around here.

It may be frowned on by some, but i keep a 5 gallon bucket of traveler brand 80w90 in the garage with a pump for all the oil tanks around here.

Me too. Holy s*** I would have to sell a kidney to use that hi dalla earl

I’m really stoked about the head and swapping out the AFI for the Sniper.

I really thought I had the perfect fuel injected 60 until We built the Warthog 4.4

She’s all wet and ready for that high dolla head job

09FE035B-688E-47D5-8A10-820493C71F15.jpeg

H55F should have GL4 oil because it's better for the synchronizers.
I was reading about that just last week myself. All kids of discussion about GL5 being “too slippery” (seems counter) and being corrosive to the synchronizers. The owner's manual calls for straight 90wt, but since that’s practically impossible to find, I changed out the lube in the H42 and split case to GL4 StaLube 85W90 from NAPA. Don’t know what was in there before (had the consistency of ATF, but smelled like gear lube), but the gearboxes are MUCH quieter! Just hope I can still shift it in January.......

Swepco 201 is the best manual gear oil for the older trans....This was the gold standard years ago in P car world for G body and older cars.

I remember when Marco did the engine conversion in Memphis (like 06/07) and his new H55 was noisy as hell... put 201 and zero noise. Pricey but very good.

Bolt on woopow for Ole Blue:

View attachment 2044592

Since his motor was just rebuilt and should still have good piston & ring sealing, I suggested we toss a high compression head on there for good measure. And, of course it needed a Sniper.

This has been CC’d and shaved to land right where we want it, and has the high-flow big valves and modern beehive valve springs for maximum burnouts...

View attachment 2044596

View attachment 2044591
I’m really stoked about the head and swapping out the AFI for the Sniper.

I really thought I had the perfect fuel injected 60 until We built the Warthog 4.4

She’s all wet and ready for that high dolla head job

View attachment 2044736

HELLS YEAH

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom