60 series....Tech and Classifieds

Elbert

SILVER Star

I have a hard copy 84 shop manual and a 83 wiring diagram which I was looking at this afternoon, all I could buy new OEM at the time. The relay box appears to be related to the head-light washer/cleaner, and I believe the other item is the hazard flasher. Not sure the 83-84 references align with the 86 but I'll check into that later.

yeah I did not get around to the unplug and see method.

Elbert

SILVER Star

not unique to a 60, but I'll ask here anyway. Anyone have a recommendation for a self contained LED light or lights to use to light the interior of the 60. Basically to replace the dome light function but the plus is...provide adequate light across all four seats and the bed. Mounting points would be at the top of the posts facing towards the center and somewhere in bed area, also facing downward... I realize this is not a one light project. Web sites or sources for options...anyone? Very tired of ...lack of adequate light as it stands now and has been for a very long time. Now is the time to consider solutions.

open to mounting points that make sense and serve the purpose at hand, also open to general solutions

by selfcontained I mean the install would be simple and the light fixture along with the bulb is ready to go and the fixture is there to serve as the mounting point. Power would come from truck battery..as normal.

Godwin

Resident Herpetologist
SILVER Star

not unique to a 60, but I'll ask here anyway. Anyone have a recommendation for a self contained LED light or lights to use to light the interior of the 60. Basically to replace the dome light function but the plus is...provide adequate light across all four seats and the bed. Mounting points would be at the top of the posts facing towards the center and somewhere in bed area, also facing downward... I realize this is not a one light project. Web sites or sources for options...anyone? Very tired of ...lack of adequate light as it stands now and has been for a very long time. Now is the time to consider solutions.

open to mounting points that make sense and serve the purpose at hand, also open to general solutions

by selfcontained I mean the install would be simple and the light fixture along with the bulb is ready to go and the fixture is there to serve as the mounting point. Power would come from truck battery..as normal.

Elbert

SILVER Star

thanks...I'll check that out. I wanted to try and deal with the interior lights now while I'm generally working on things and nothing is in the bed, so I don't have to unload and move things around. I'm guessing there are a number of solutions but just need to get some ideas.

took the easy way out for now....new LEDs for the OEM light assemblies.

Last edited:

Bodean

Hot Damn
SILVER Star

There are a ton of self contained LED options out there. Google LED rock lights. They can be used anywhere in or on the vehicle.

Top Bottom