60 series....Tech and Classifieds (7 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@Dustin Messina what kind of base adapter did you use?
I used a Downey Holley 2300 Carb adapter, but I think @FJ60Cam found a Mr.Gasket adapter for $19.99 that works with a little dremel touch to open the holes up and then use the factory carb insulator as the height spacer. But anything to adapt a Holley 2300 Carb to a 2f would work.

I used a Downey Holley 2300 Carb adapter, but I think @FJ60Cam found a Mr.Gasket adapter for $19.99 that works with a little dremel touch to open the holes up and then use the factory carb insulator as the height spacer. But anything to adapt a Holley 2300 Carb to a 2f would work.

Gotcha. Yeah, I have been talking with Cam about his current Sniper swap. A Sniper'd F is likely going to be in my future. May be next year given the current to-do's, but definitely on the list. The Mr. Gasket adapter looks to be the route unless Downey decides to do a run of his old 2300 adapters...

Gotcha. Yeah, I have been talking with Cam about his current Sniper swap. A Sniper'd F is likely going to be in my future. May be next year given the current to-do's, but definitely on the list. The Mr. Gasket adapter looks to be the route unless Downey decides to do a run of his old 2300 adapters...

I am sold on the sniper setup! I am going to do a build thread because I can probably save you some time and heart ache on what is needed. It really is pretty straight forward install though! According to Cam the Downey Adapter I have is different on his current run. The Sniper is worth it, I'd add it to the top of the to do list!

What is the best fix for stripped out caliper bolt holes? My front caliper hole stripped out somehow, I didn’t cross thread it but at about 50 ft/lbs the threads gave way. So I got a helicoil kit and I can’t get the coils to thread correctly. The helicoil kit drills out the bolt hole to almost M14 size, is a M14x1.5 acceptable? I wish I would not have tried to helicoil it cause I could have just drilled the original hole out for 1/2x20 bolt.

Suggestions on the best fix?

What is the best fix for stripped out caliper bolt holes? My front caliper hole stripped out somehow, I didn’t cross thread it but at about 50 ft/lbs the threads gave way. So I got a helicoil kit and I can’t get the coils to thread correctly. The helicoil kit drills out the bolt hole to almost M14 size, is a M14x1.5 acceptable? I wish I would not have tried to helicoil it cause I could have just drilled the original hole out for 1/2x20 bolt.

Suggestions on the best fix?

Yes, metric heli-coils typically are the thread size 2mm larger then what you're replacing. Continue forwards with the helicoil, that's the way to go.

Yes, metric heli-coils typically are the thread size 2mm larger then what you're replacing. Continue forwards with the helicoil, that's the way to go.

I guess I’m bad at helicoils. Every one I tried wouldn’t insert correctly. I couldn’t find a metric M14x1.25 bolt anywhere in store or online but I had some grade 8 9/16x18 bolts and a tap so I went that route. Had to drill out the caliper hole slightly but it worked.

HoneyBear Loop

CB68263C-3C4E-4BAA-9338-2C2CFFD8476C.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom