60 series....Tech and Classifieds (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

UPDATE:
) City Racer Carb $200--Pirce Drop to $175
2) Choke cable $50 (Sold)
3) Carb isolator $40 (decided to keep)
4) OEM fuel pump pull off $50
5) Hard fuel like that wraps around valve cover $50
6) crazy clean oem gray center console , no cracks no fading, with cup holder. $175 (Sold)

Front bumper caps........
Does anyone have a passenger side front bumper cap or set they want to sale? I lost the passenger side front bumper cap on the way home from AR last weekend.

Front bumper caps........
Does anyone have a passenger side front bumper cap or set they want to sale? I lost the passenger side front bumper cap on the way home from AR last weekend.

I may have one in the parts pile. Remind me.

What are y’all running for mufflers? I think mine blew a baffle today and has started rattling. Lose the cat as well?

Definitely keep the cat. Even if you DGAF about the environment, the people driving behind you will thank you.

They rob zero power.

The stock 60 cat is a huge noise killer, so you’re pretty flexible on mufflers.

I wonder if adding a cat to Patina would kill that 55-60 mph drone I have

A stock 60 cat would, but doubt there’s room for one.

Modern cats are smaller and more free flowing, so prob not.

There might be room for a resonator after the muffler tho.

Probably be cheaper to just put a regular muffler on it and not a Turbo muffler like the Flowmaster.

Just sayin... I love my 40 series Flowmaster but I'm from South Jackson! That's the way we roll!

Those that have installed trailer light harnesses into your 60, how did you wire it in to the factory harness? Mine has a wire harness one of the PO’s installed but it’s not working correctly; only the tail lights work, no brakes or turn signals.

How it’s spliced in at the driver side tail light:
B3A1B3A0-151D-4E93-B273-125282ACAE2C.jpeg

Are you using a tail light converter? If not it’s not going to work properly. I recommend using a powered tail light converter like the one in the pic below. I use them on all of the older cruisers as it is completely stand alone and doesn’t put a strain on existing wiring. Still needs to be spliced in to activate. Install is pretty straight forward.
10867055-94BE-402F-81AB-44BCEFEFB6AA.png

Yes, it has a tail light converter. It a u-haul one but looks pretty much the same. I have a pic of it but keep getting error msg when trying to upload it.

And I have tested the trailer on another vehicle to rule out that.

I searched all 4 auto parts stores in town tonight an none had a converter that had a dedicated 12v power supply.

I picked up this cheap Hopkins one to see if it will work. I’m trying to get the trailer lights working on my 60 by Sunday when I leave on a trip in it pulling a trailer.
BB030F7C-56BD-41DD-A29C-77BEBB7EF817.jpeg

My guess is the one I currently have has just gone bad: as I’m getting power from it, it’s just not sending signals.
1225C12B-80A9-4A88-8203-50371BDE2D17.jpeg

Added a Remflex gasket to Mike’s FJ60 today.

His truck has been desmogged but all the smog s*** is still in the truck. Holy crap. That is a lot of stuff to work through to get anything done.

Dustin came up later and we put my old aluminum ARB rack on his truck.

His Holley Sniper install is superb.

I got to drive both trucks. Excellent rides

19085F99-6ADF-4F3B-B43A-D904282367F7.jpeg

E1FE41B1-9767-4083-98DB-EA80C3E8714B.jpeg

0293AA74-A89E-4B81-9005-18345F71B813.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom