Events/Trails 4th Annual 200LCDC Event (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I was thinking about Ouray too, and figured we'd maybe hit it right AFTER Telluride if the wife feels up to it. Would be fun to get in on a BACKWARDS Black Bear run...but that would have to be arranged (remember how some Jeep group had Black Bear reserved for a day last year so they could run it backwards?).

We really enjoyed Breck this year, but I do admit that I was remembering the incredible colors and scenic variety that is Ouray. Will definitely be up for some runs up there with others if anyone is so inclined! :) Moab before...Telluride...Ouray... What a combo!!!
Running Blackbear backwards is awesome. The last time I did it, it was with a buggy group but it’s just so fun to climb versus descend. I think it adds to the epic’ness of it.

It’s like mountain climbing, it’s only cool when you are trying to reach the summit.

Last edited:
Booked our place in Telluride today....

I'll take campground recommendations, if anyone has any. Not sure how far in advance they can be booked but I intend to start planning our summer trip soon.

The wife has to take a class in Denver that week. We're going to be driving the LC from Louisiana and roaming around that area for most of the month. I'm trying to figure out some way to attend, but we'll have a 4-month old at that time so I can't go and stay there for a few days by myself and it's also too long of a drive to make in a day. Still thinking on it.

Any lodging recommendations as well? Edit: Where are others booking?

Probably can't camp this year at the request of the spousal unit.

Last edited:
I'm probably just going to camp the whole time, after dinner with everyone, maybe go out on the next day's trail and will meet up with everyone there. I don't know, just thinking of ideas

Any lodging recommendations as well? Edit: Where are others booking?

Probably can't camp this year at the request of the spousal unit.

I’m looking at places on vrbo.com. I'll probably book a place this weekend.

I'll probably be camping (in a trailer). We should setup a designated campground so people can wake me up from my drunken slumber if I oversleep.

If you pick a spot next to me, my kids act as a natural alarm clock :p

I'm likely going to reserve a site at the Matterhorn Campground. It looks like you can only reserve 6 months in advance though. So I'll have to wait until the end of January to confirm.

I hope to make this. If I do I will bring the Kimberley and stay in a campground

I hope I can go, but like last year, I won’t know till the week before. If the camp grounds are full, I guess I’ll find which trails are being ran the next day and just do sleep out on one.

Geez I may have to hook up with you guys on this if I'm not in Ukraine. Telluride is awesome although I've only skied there. Discovered it 25 years ago when it was just being developed and still small. It would be great to be there and the surrounding countryside in summer. Glad things are being kept casual. Definitely more my style. Longer overland trips are too although I know most people can't take long times away like I can. I like spending 2 or 3 months and staying places sometimes a while when I find a good place to explore. I can see setting up a base camp sometime in Utah and just exploring for weeks till I move on somewhere else. So many places to see there in the four corners area. It's drawn me back over and over. But I've never done off road wheeling there. ....so this would be cool.
I should have full under armor by then. Waiting on Budbuilt....they seem to really be backed up with orders lately and putting people on waiting lists for skidplates.
I'll camp for sure if I come.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom